Do You Adore Your D'uccles?

Miyashi

Songster
8 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Gaylord, MI
I think mine is just fantastic! I love him to bits! He lets me scratch his back and he rolls over so I can rub his belly. He falls asleep on me all the time. He talks back when you say his name. He'll carry out a conversation with you. The only thing he does that is kinda silly...to me...he does his "spanish dance" when I let him out in the morning. He seems more feisty then. (I mean he does the dance for me..not the girls)
This is Roo Boy...if you haven't all seen him.
I would like to hear other people's D'uccle stories...good or bad...and pics are great too!
big_smile.png

230804_1897822537788_1608368062_31879401_6958203_n.jpg

226884_1897821657766_1608368062_31879393_2919425_n.jpg

261384_1953792577004_1608368062_31955082_714809_n.jpg

I'm obsessed...
love.gif

The lady I got him from had a posting on Cragislist for two pure bred Sultans...Sophie...she be what it says...
I decided he wasn't what she said...started looking around for bearded white little roo's....found some pics on google that looked very much like him!
Is this why he has the little crest thing on top of his head?
It's really hard for me to tell....
Sorry for being wrong.
sad.png

Feel like a dumb bum.
I would still like to hear stories though. (and see pictures!)
This is Sophie...the lady he came with.
162948_1631379116869_1608368062_31462894_6475286_n.jpg

There are hundreds of breeds,.............. hard to keep them all straight. Your Sophie is a Sultan hen ( one of my favorite breeds ) He is a mix of a Sultan( yes that's why the puffy head feathers or top knot) and something else... could have D'uccle in him because of his puffy cheeks. He's a cutie pie no matter what he is..............

7205_sweets.jpg

This is Mrs. Sweets, a Self Blue D'uccle hen.......

7205_sutanface.jpg

Some of my Sultans.............. Sultans and Polish breeds red comb will look like a V over the beak.

Last edited:
hmmm can watermaels be white? he looks like one a little bit. handsome man!! i have only one currently since little Wobble died earlier this year.
hit.gif
i still have Tiny, tho (in my avatar). she's such a sweetie! she is partially blind and crippled and she lives in a rabbit cage in my bedroom since the other chickens in the coop pick on her. she usually sleeps either in her nestbox or on my bed
love.gif
she hardly ever lays, but i think she is happy enough. i love her to pieces anyway
smile.png

here is Wobble (lavender d'uccle) and Tiny (black mottled d'uccle)
52086_dscn3002.jpg

just Tiny
52086_dscn4147.jpg

Wobble, Tiny and Anna (black rosecomb)
52086_dscn4167.jpg

me (when i was ten) and Tiny
52086_dscn2919.jpg

I've seen Tiny around here! I think she is just adorable!
I'm sure she appreciates you. ^_^
She's crippled? Poor dear...you love her tons though...and that's just the best!
Very sorry about Wobble...I'm sure you gave her a great life though!

I have a Mille Fleur...her beard and cheeks are all poof...but her head is kinda flat in comparison to Roo Boy's. He's built much like she is...stance...the way he walks...the way his feathers lay...other than the crest.
Ah well...mutt or no....he's my favorite. That stinkin' personality and that face! GAH!

And I have noticed the comb thing, but I guess I never really thought about it...silly.
There are some breeds I have a really hard time telling apart...can't name them for you at the moment...I just go through lists of breeds and end up feeling all..."I've seen this one!"

I'm guessing he has just a pinch of Polish in him?
I'm curious is all....would like to hear what you think. I really had no idea...silly silly lady I am.

Last edited:
I looked up watermaels and it appears he doesn't have the right comb.... my poor boy has lost his identity!
lol.png

I guess his being a mutt would explain why I could never find one that looked exactly like him....he has some black feathers hiding under that white! Little goofus.

Quote:
thanks so much! yeah Tiny's crippled but she gets around okay. it's the blind eye that really made me bring her inside. i think she prefers it actually. if i'd known how to fix her foot when i first got her when i was nine it wouldn't be so bad, but it's too late now. here is her foot:
52086_dscn2334.jpg

Mrs. Sweets is indeed a sweety pie. Ever since she hatched she always wanted to jump up one me, jump on your head, sit on your shoulder....... a real love. Most of my others are pretty friendly too.
I'm sure your boy is 1/2 Sultan, sultans have the vaulted hocks and since your Sophie came from the same place and is a Sultan, I'm sure he's got at least 1/2 in him. The other half could be many breeds that have fluffy cheeks but D'uccle would be a good guess. He's just a good cross of 2 good breeds is all.
wink.png
My favorite cross is a Sultan X Silkie, I call them Sulties
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom