Do you all keep a pair of 'coop only shoes'?

Do you keep a pair of 'coop only' shoes?

• Total voters
The boys wear cheap knockoff crocs, but I have a nice pair of chicken clogs from TSC
View attachment 3234410
Once the snow comes, we will probably get cheap boots for the same purpose.
I just purchased a pair of the red chicken ankle boots from sloggers as new coop only shoes. They are on sale for $15 on the sloggers website! Also got a pair for my sister and mom for when they visit the chickens too.

The boys wear cheap knockoff crocs, but I have a nice pair of chicken clogs from TSC
View attachment 3234410
Once the snow comes, we will probably get cheap boots for the same purpose.
I just ordered some black chicken ones similar to those off of Amazon that should be here tomorrow.

Yup

Attachments

• FA38F980-BD09-446B-9A09-C7413B88ADBE.jpeg
    FA38F980-BD09-446B-9A09-C7413B88ADBE.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2
I was just wondering if anyone else keeps a pair of chicken run or chicken yard only shoes! These are shoes that will only ever enter the chicken area, never anywhere else.

Not exactly.

I've always had at least two pairs of footgear: the nice/clean one that goes to school, grocery store, and other places, and the grubby one that goes outside in my yard, into chicken & rabbit pens, and so forth. Sometimes the grubby pair was last year's nice pair. The nice pair gets stored in the house, the grubby pair lives in the garage. (The "nice pair" may actually be several pairs-- dress shoes, casual shoes, hiking boots, sandals-- but none of them go out in the yard with mud & animals.)

For me, that has more to do with mud control than with biosecurity, but it probably helps a little with biosecurity too.

Back
Top Bottom