do you buy egg cartons?

I posted a 'wanted' ad on CL for egg cartons & have customers return them. I haven't had to buy any, but since my birds have grown up I'm thinking about buying some. It is kind of a hassle to try & find egg cartons sometimes.

I'm DROWNING in egg cartons.
They rarely wear out. A lot of ours are the styrofoarm kind so I wash them occasionally and keep using them. I had "enough" but then ya know.....MIL occasionally buys from the store over the winter when my girls aren't laying at top production, so that adds to the pile, and my mom bought a doz here or there when it snowed and she couldn't get to my place, etc. and my grandparents saved me a TON but when I asked them if they wanted eggs they said they don't eat eggs much ---- and then brought me over at least 15 empty cartons!
hu.gif

Maybe we need to start an egg carton swap around here, for those of us with REALLY generous friend/relatives! It's not like they would cost much to ship.

We buy ours from eggcartons.com, one of our sponsors here on BYC. We use the paper 3x4 cartons. Mainly because they remind me of the ones we had when I was a kid and they make our's stand out a bit I think. We only order a few hundred at a time due to lack of storage space.
We charge $2.00 a dozen, but always ask them to return the cartons. Some do and some don't. Plus we have a few people give us cartons too.

my egg customers bring back the cartons most of the time . right now i have 135 cartons in the closet. i did buy 40 cartons a couple years ago and still have half of them. they were 39 cents a piece at my local agway.

We buy a hundred at a time from eggcartons.com, we use the 3x4 old style boxes. Currently charging 3.50dz. w/ our new cartons or $3.00dz. if they supply there own. gonna be going up to $4.00dz with our new cartons, or $3.50 with theres.

We live out of the city so we try to coordinate all our customers to meet us on Saturday mornings when we head into town.

We sell about 12 dozen a week and have a list of waiting customers.

I ordered from eggcartons.com, too. We're not really "officially" selling any eggs, but I'm hoping to be able to sell some to friends and family this summer. I bought 20 of the blank dozen cartons that can be broken into six-packs. I can then write a little message on them myself and kind of personalize the whole thing. We're having fun!
smile.png

How about charging 2.25 and if they bring back cartons then its still 2.00, that way you aren't loosing money.
People will pay it.!!

Back
Top Bottom