Do you Coupon?

I have a lame Walgreens that limits me to THREE sale items. WTH ? ? I just had a conversation with the manager of the store about the store limits as opposed to the ad that required that you buy 5 of an item to get the rewards. I got NOWHERE with that conversation and then sent an email to Walgreens headquarters. They have yet to reply, so I am going to assume they just don't care. Did I mention that I live 15 miles ONE WAY from the nearest Walgreens, CVS, or Winn Dixie. Needless to say, I don't buy small quanitites of anything!

Needless to say, ALL my drug store business goes to CVS now..

I wish I had a Rite Aid... The coupon grapevine tells me that you can get bags of Twix candy bars for .49... OMG, Twix are my FAVORITE candy bars. I would be all over this deal IF I had a rite Aid near me.

CVS is the only place to be ... on a weekly basis my daughter and sometimes myself will go in a CVS and walk at with $50 - $75 worth of product and if we pay $5 that was a bad trip. Most of the time it's about $3. So YES, we just don't coupon we extreme coupon :).

I really don't get the negative connotation associated with the term "extreme couponing". I look at it as "Extreme Saving". Other folks make a choice to give their money to the stores. I make a choice to keep as much of my money in my pocket :)

"Extreme Couponing" makes me staying at home with the kids a lot more comfortable, financially comfortable.

FYI: Hormel cure 61 hams are B1G1 at Winn Dixie starting TODAY. There is a $2 off coupon for those. So... Last year when I bought these the hams were about $9 each. The B1G1 sale made them about $4.50 a piece. Then the coupon makes them about $2.50 a ham. These are excellent hams, presliced, and wrapped for freezing. The hams are running about 1.5 pounds each.

Do the math... The is less than $2 a pound. My family uses these for sandwiches. They are much better than regular luncheon meat and at this price they are a SUPER deal.

[COLOR=800080]I really don't get the negative connotation associated with the term "extreme couponing".   I look at it as "Extreme Saving".   Other folks make a choice to give their money to the stores.  I make a choice to keep as much of my money in my pocket :)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]"Extreme Couponing" makes me staying at home with the kids a lot more comfortable,  financially comfortable. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]FYI:  Hormel cure 61 hams are B1G1 at Winn Dixie starting TODAY.  There is a $2 off coupon for those.   So... Last year when I bought these the hams were about $9 each.  The B1G1 sale made them about $4.50 a piece.   Then the coupon makes them about $2.50 a ham.  These are excellent hams,  presliced, and wrapped for freezing.  The hams are running about 1.5 pounds each. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]Do the math...  The is less than $2 a pound.  My family uses these for sandwiches.  They are much better than regular luncheon meat and at this price they are a SUPER deal.[/COLOR]

:thumbsup

That's why I like to recycle just about everything ~ Building supplies, lumber, tin, etc for my chicken houses, etc. I REFUSE to make Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. any richer than they already are. ;)

I just did this week's grocery shopping... Well MOST of our shopping
smile.png

I shopped at Winn Dixie and Publix. 99% of everything I bought was at B1 G1 prices. Without coupons, my bill would of been $127. I have this friend who thinks B1 G1 are just fine and that coupons are not worth the time
hu.gif

This is what I bought...

2 bags Fresh / Raw Brocolli and Califlower
2 boxes of 40 count Ziploc storage bags - quart size
2 boxes of 30 count Ziploc freezer bags - Gallon Size
2 bottles of 66 load Purex laundry detergent
4 bottles Lysol all purpose cleaner with Bleach
2 containers Cottonelle fresh wipes
2 containers Athenos feta cheese crumbles ( LOVE adding these to a salad for a low fat POP of flavor)
6 bags Alexia frozen bread ( new product and can't wait to try with salads and spaghetti)
2 loaves pepperidge farms Hearty White Bread
2 packs Oscar Meyer BEEF hotdogs
12 bottles Motts Meledy Juices
4 cans Planters cashew halves
2 Hormel Ham quarters ( about 2 lbs each)
10 (YES TEN) bags of Starburst and Life Saver flavor Jelly Beans. These are a YEAR AROUND favorite in my household.
2 large cans of French's Fried Onions
4 cans Chicken Of the Sea Albacore Tuna Fish
2 Mrs. Smiths Deep Dish Pies

That is a Full Load of Grocerys. . . . I will be going back for more hams while they are on sale, but TWO was all they had in stock today. These are the same hams that I posted about a couple of posts prior to this one.

I will let you think about all these grocerys and let you think what a good price would be to take all this home for. Like I said, before coupons, after sale prices, the total was $127. . . .

I can't say too much about my friend. I use to think I was doing really good just shopping smart with B1 G1 sales. However, after seeing the difference in my bill with coupons, I don't know if I could EVER go back to paying sale price only. I think it would make me cringe every time I checked out and paid pre-coupon prices.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom