Do you Coupon?

This is very true. But in order to save money, we need to use ecoupons as well. Every time you shop in the Internet, look for coupons there on coupon websites. You can save hundreds of dollars.

I went to Dollar General today. MAN, Oh Man, this store DID NOT KNOW it's own coupon policy. This is SECOND time this week that I have had to complain to a companies corporate office about their stores not knowing their own coupon policy.

I had a cashier at KMART tell me they don't accept coupons printed from the internet.

Today, I had the cashier, another cashier, AND the manager tell me that Dollar General does not allow you to stack a store coupon and a manufacturers coupon. REALLY ? ? ? Their web site clearly says that you can use A manufacturer and A store coupon at the same time on the same item.

ON top of that, the cashier refused to let me buy two items and use two coupons in the same transaction. For example, $1 off a bottle of clorox bathroom cleaner... I had two coupons and tried to buy two bottles of cleaner. The cashier insisted only ONE coupon per sale. NO PROBLEM... RING it separately if it makes you feel better.... NO, he says I will have to go to the other cashier in the other line to make the second purchase... REALLY ? ?

HOW MUCH HARDER could they make purchasing items from their store ? ?

If you live near a Publix, it looks like they are going to have an awesome coupon deal on vitamins...
(starting today or tomorrow depending on when your Publix starts their new ads).

Last edited:
i was happy to see a couponing thread : )

i don't know if it is everywhere or maybe just this area, but i have noticed that a lot of times if something is on sale at the grocery stores there is also a coupon out there someplace at the same time.... so then i try and stock up on that item.
or i've noticed that some things rarely go on sale. so when they do i really make an effort to stock up/visit the store multiple days with multiple coupons, etc.

i've noticed somehting else lately (it might be from eating "homemade" eggs for the past few years!) sometimes the canned corn, or the canned tuna, or the whatever tastes GREAT, so i go and get more right away, from the same place/same shelf (Especially because it means, i likely had a coupon in the first place)

and i agree, i can't believe how many things i just always buy have coupons on their websites. (for example, no reason for me to every buy non toll house morsels every again- they give you more coupons than you'd ever need per year and i really love them best)

also, i go to CVS about twice a year, waiting for there most excellent incentives and then go with coupons in hand. and of course, as with everything else, planning planning and more planning is the key! plus that saves on gas and eliminates any temptations!

btw, i do the couponing and my husband does the grocery shopping! ;o
any other tips out there- favorite websites? i like how krazykoupon lady is organised best. happy savings in 2013 chicken lovers!
do any of you can? or have meat birds?

BACKYARDCELIA,

I garden and can when I can... no pun intended LOL..

I made blueberry jam 2 years ago. I am just now running out and the berries won't be back in season until May. So, when Winn Dixie put the Welches grape jam B1G1 last month AND I had a $1 off 2 coupon...I stocked up on enough jam to get use through until May. The men folk in this household LOVE peanut butter and grape / blueberry jam.

Oh... I am looking at NEW sales ads for Publix still...

If you need spaghetti sauce and like Ragu, You have instore coupons that will make the price around .59 a jar through Jan 4.
There is a printable coupon from this web site that will make them about .30 a jar http://www.bestmealsathome.com/

Ragu makes Alfredo and red spaghetti sauce.

Oh... I am looking at NEW sales ads for Publix still...

If you need spaghetti sauce and like Ragu, You have instore coupons that will make the price around .59 a jar through Jan 4.
There is a printable coupon from this web site that will make them about .30 a jar http://www.bestmealsathome.com/

Ragu makes Alfredo and red spaghetti sauce.

It looks like my Publix charges more for Ragu than some of the others stores in other areas. My store charges $2.60 a bottle. BIGI makes it $1.30 a bottle. Using the in store coupon $1 off 2 bottles, makes the final cost .80 a bottle. Not as good as I was planning on, but I am TOTALLY out of spaghetti sauce, so I will take it :)

The deal of the day for me was...

Pillsbury cake mixes TOTALLY free between a target store coupon and a manufacturer coupon.

Alouete cheese portions were B1G1 at $3.50. Plus I had a manufacturer coupon for $1 off each package. Total price .75 each package. SCORE .... LOVE this deal too. I love these and will be stocking up on them...

images

I will pipe in here. I used to coupon like mad and had great savings stories but then a few years ago, when I decided as the grocery buyer for the household, that we needed to eat better, my couponing went down greatly.

What I mean is that we have gone to a more organic way of eating and sadly there are very few coupons out there for true organic products. The majority of coupons are for mass produced government subsidized companies like Kraft, P&G, and the like. I try my hardest to keep GMO items out of our diets and as pesticide free as I can get with our produce. I also try my hardest to get grassfed meats and poultries. It has been hell on our household budget since we are a single income homeschooling household but I have managed to make cuts in other monthly areas like internet, cable, etc...to help offset the increased cost of our grocery budget.

This is all another reason why I joined BYC. We are getting our first chicks late next month so we can begin working towards our own eggs since we go through a couple dozen a week any more with a teen and tween in the house. I am even considering adding a couple meat birds to our chick order so I can give that a try. Maybe I am biting off more than I can chew but when I am paying $12-$14 for a free range whole chicken at Whole Foods...
hit.gif

Now, don't get me wrong, I can't seem to go totally organic although I would love too. Those darn Oreos
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom