Do you decorate your chicken coop for Christmas?

Thank you! Yes...LOL...that is our coop! My husband did such a great job building it!

To make the light, we bought the gift box at WalMart. I cut the ribbon off of all four sides (the bottom was open) and printed silhouettes of a hen and rooster. Then I printed antlers for the rooster and a Santa Hat for the hen and hot glued it all together. My husband wired it and hung it for me!
It's adorable. I really love it!!

Is the steeple on top open to the inside of the coop, or is it decorative with an exterior light?

It's adorable. I really love it!!

Is the steeple on top open to the inside of the coop, or is it decorative with an exterior light?

It's open to the inside and covered in hardware cloth. It is part of the ventilation plan. On the back wall there is transom windows that open on a pulley so there is cross ventilation.
IMG_7275.JPG
IMG_7239.JPG

It's open to the inside and covered in hardware cloth. It is part of the ventilation plan. On the back wall there is transom windows that open on a pulley so there is cross ventilation.
View attachment 1196769 View attachment 1196770
Beautiful!!

Is the chair for the chickens or do you sit in there with them? I love this design so much. It's so cozy and welcoming. Is the stained glass an adhesive you can put on Lexan or plexiglass? So pretty!!

Beautiful!!

Is the chair for the chickens or do you sit in there with them? I love this design so much. It's so cozy and welcoming. Is the stained glass an adhesive you can put on Lexan or plexiglass? So pretty!!

That chair was there till we moved the kids in. We now have two vintage folding chairs that hang on the wall. We use them for me and my husband to sit in while we give treats and sip wine while we wind down after work;). When we were designing the coop we knew we wanted to to be a happy place for our feathered babies and ussince we intended to spen a lot of time in there with them!

The stained glass is glass paint. I find a picture I like then use one of my publishing programs to print it as a coloring book image. Then I slide it under the glass and use liquid lead to trace the picture on the glass. I let it dry for 24 hours then use the glass paint to fill in the picture. It's lots of fun! After I did each of these panels my husband framed them for me and turned them into one large transom window. You can do larger designs too by taking the picture to an office store that has a plotter printer and have them enlarge it to the size you need. I did this window for our cabin. It is 3ftX5ft.

The chairs:
IMG_7271.JPG

The large window done with glass paint:
IMG_0482.JPG

@CABINHOLLOWNC beautiful coop, love the Christmas decorations!
Thank you! The chickens love the decorations too! My husband came in the kitchen last night laughing. I asked him what was so funny!? He said all of the chickens were lined up at the run fence staring at the porch with all the lights and shiny ornaments! He said they looked like they were in a trance! LOL! I explained that chickens like shiny stuff!

Back
Top Bottom