Do you dye your hair?...

Clairol is my friend, and has been for as long as I can remember. I should have bought stock in it years ago. I use plain old garden variety blonde. Used to be that I could really tell when my roots were growing in...Ive gotten so naturally gray that I can get away with a little longer time between dyes. The gray fades into the blonde very nicely.

I use natural henna dye. It can give a natural looking red, dark brown, or all the way to black depending what mix you use and what your starting hair color is. It's also extremely good for your hair and makes it shiny and stronger. Downside is it's not predictable. Someone described it as taking an orange crayon and coloring on different colored papers with different strengths. You always get a different color. It also is a little messier and time consuming than most commercial hair dyes and if you mix it with commercial hair dyes it reacts to make a weird green color.

http://www.hennaforhair.com/

http://forum.lush.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19438

My hair is naturally very dark brown, almost black. I've colored on and off during the years. Anything I do always turns red after a week or so.

Right now, I'm sporting my natural highlights...to bad they're gray!! Oh well, I've earned EVERY one of them!!

Last edited:
i dont dye mine yet..i'm a natural red head..and i'm getting WHITE streaks!(red heads go white not grey)..i'm only 35!..jeez!...when it gets bad enough..i will have to dye it.!!!..but...i think i'm gonna be in big trouble...i'll never match my hair color.....maybe i'll go brunette!.....but i know i'm not going down without a fight!..lol...

Hi! I've never colored my hair *yet*. It's the natural red it's always been.
The grays are coming in fastly and furiously --- I think I'll call them high-lights.
smile.png

Lisa

I'm 35 and I have a lot of gray streaks around my temples, but my hair is naturally sort of multi-colored anyway, so it blends in, or I like to think so. :^) In any case, I won't dye it. To me, most people look nice with some gray!

Last edited:
I am also a dark brown and I dye red....it really does turn different colors...everytime I wash it is a different red.....I use light auburn...and it does fade really fast.....I think I will stay a red head though....my husband likes it.....he says it makes me look fiesty

I'm 42 and I've been coloring since my mid 30s, but my natural hair color was a light brown with red and blonde highlights. I would just color over the grey with blonde highlights.

Now I'm going seriously gray/silver and I want to accentuate it but I'm struggling with trying to find a way to color over the fake color and go back to my (now) normal color, dark brown, without covering all my beautiful silver! I want to embrace the real me for once!

I'm going to consult a real good colorist in the area and see if they can't save my silver and keep me from looking like a tri-colored Australian shepherd!

When ya still have a young face, silver is kind of pretty, gals!
wink.png
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom