Do you ever put a fan on your broodies?

Can you put the fan so it moves air past the hens and out the door? That would probably help with the heat and stuffiness, but without blowing directly on the hens or eggs.
I might be able to put it above them and direct it towards the timed door they use to enter & exit (rather than the latched door that I use to enter). I might also be able to put it in the back corner and direct it towards their door in a similar fashion. The fan I'm talking about isn't big... Maybe 8-9 inches in diameter. I will plug it into the power strip I use to run the automatic door and timer.

So if you saw the first picture I posted which showed both girls sitting on their nesting boxes, you might notice an empty nest box next to them. They have never used it because it sometimes collects poo from the edge of the roost above. Anyway, I put the fan in that nesting box and tilted it up and towards the door. It is helping to move the air and make the coop cooler without blowing directly on the chickens or eggs...

Later this afternoon I'm going to use some spare wood to make a ledge so any poo won't fall onto the fan....

You don't want to know what happens when shit hits the fan?
Come to think of it, I don't want to know either. :lau

That ledge sounds like a good idea!

Ha ha ha... This will forever be etched in my mind during broody season! 🤣😂🤣😂

Attachments

• YR6uzVNysDkM8.gif
    YR6uzVNysDkM8.gif
    67.8 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom