Status
Not open for further replies.

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
of watching them?
We saw five young deer in one of our meadows this afternoon. We're talking about buying deer corn and a feeder, if we can find a spot to feed them that the dang cows can't get into.

we would, but this past year it became illegal due to chronic wasting disease
sad.png

I love to see the wild deer! Sadly, they cant get into my yard anymore because i had to put up a fence for my critters..
sad.png

Lord, NO!!
give them an unnatural supply of food which helps the weak ones through the winter which leads over population which leads to
they get hit on the roads, illness, increased lymes disease and a bunch of other problems.

They are beautiful majestic creatures, but I'm sure some people think the same thing about pigeons or rats.

sorry, I love your posts and but I totally disagree with this one
big_smile.png

I feed them.

I've been feeding them since the harsh winters of '95.

I quite enjoy it and it keeps them from eating my shrubbery, so money-wise it works out.

where I live we cull the herds to ensure good growth. with proper wildlife management techniques overpopulation shouldn't be an issue. But michigan is whitetail heaven where every hunter who truely wishes to take a deer for meat can
smile.png

Quote:
That's okay, I see your point. We just got to thinking of it when we ran into a acquaintance of DHs at walmart the other day and they were buying food to feed the deer that come up on their property.
Guess we'll just keep enjoying them when we see them.
smile.png

I hate the deer around here... there are way too many and we never get to cull because we're too populated. They ate most of my garden this year. They walk down the street and help themselves to all the front yards.... argh... they drive me nuts.

No.

Cause then the buttheads come and eat all my herbs the day before I plan to use them all, and I don't want to encourage them to see humans as food sources. We don't want zombie deer coming after us during the apocalypse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom