Do You Feed Your Baby Chicks Eggs?

I just mased some up for mine that are a little over a week old (4) and my new polish that is almost a week old. I couldn't get them to eat it out of my hand but when I put it in the pan, the littleist one (poish) ran ringt over and on it and started chowing. my larger chicks just watched her for a while and then finally caved, but one of mine isnt interested in eating it just running through it while the others are eating....
hmm.png

It can take them a while to warm up to a new food. And, just like us, there are some that won't like this or that you give them. I bet the hold out starts eating the egg eventually, since everyone else is. Heaven forbid it should think it's getting left out! LOL

I have given them Hard Boiled eggs since about 2 weeks old, I mash 2 eggs and then grind a little flax seed and sprinkle over the eggs, They go crazy. Like parannas. When I first started it, I added probiotics. I have yet to smell any oder ever, when they were in the brooder in the house and now they have been in their coop outside with heat lights because it's gotten cold. Not sure if the probiotics made a difference, but I have a pretty good nose as does my husband and really, no odor. Strange Hugh?

Can they get too much egg? I have a little runt chick and she just LOVES the eggs. I mixed it yesterday with starter and electrolyte water. I want to give it to her more often than once a day, she is half the size of the other chicks at 3 weeks old.

Hey there, I'm planning on giving mine hard boiled eggs too. Can I give them the white too or should I take that out and leave just the yolk?

My 3 girls are 4 weeks old now and they don't seem interested in mashed eggs! I hard boiled an egg and mashed it really fine and gave them the bowl and they had one peck and wander off to eat their regular crumble. Is there any way I can get them interested?

Back
Top Bottom