Do you find one is the friendliest?

The only chicks I've ever had that turned out that friendly/curious, etc. always turned out to be roos.
gig.gif
I'm loving my little roo RIR! He'll run right up to me when I tap the floor. He was also the first to start perching on the edge of the brooder. We named him Booger.

Yes, I do. My 'buddy' is one of my Barred Plymouth Rocks, Lucy. When she was about a week old, she started sneezing. I thought she was sick so I removed her and she had her own little brooder where I handled her a lot and I guess she got used to it. When she finally went back in with the others, she would still run to the door first and climb on my arm. Since then, 4-5 more have come around and decided I'm their best friend too and want to be with me, but she's still special. I pick her up everyday and she snuggles under my chin. They grow so fast!!
hit.gif

Holly, one of my Barred Hollands is my favorite, she is always the first to jump in my lap.
13a62229.jpg

I do enjoy my Buff Orpingtons company as well. Yours is pretty, here are a few of mine.
Picture602.jpg

my barred rock is my friendliest she is 5 weeks old
86351_035.jpg
this is her when she was 4 weeks sorry not the best pic

Last edited:
I think that Jacqueline, aka Jackie, is the most friendly with me. Marian loves me too but she's not near so willing to be cuddled. Jackie comes right up to me and wants to hang out with me.

Your baby is sooooo cute!

Oh yes, I love how all our chicks have such different personalities. One of our RIR pullets is named Copper and she is like the greeter for the whole flock....was the first to jump into my hand and onto my arm. She is super curious and just so....CUTE!
lol.png

Quote:
With the way chickens go, I can't say I blame you one bit.
lau.gif

I had 2 of my reds who always loved to sit on my lap.
Out of my 4 new babies, one of the buffs is the friendly one, climbing onto my hand and sitting on my lap a lot.

Don't you just love it when they are so sweet like that. I have buff orps, too and they are real lap chickens; they love cuddling and snuggling...

I went out a few more times tonight. Faith of course jumped into my lap. Then another one decided I must be pretty cool, so she did it too.

I gave the girls some warm mash that I make for my parrots, and they went wild for it. LOL Cooked whole cracked corn, ginger, cashews, almonds and pasta and pureed fresh yellow peppers. I cook a warm meal for my 5 parrots everyday so I throw a little bit in a bowl for my chicks now.

My parents' blue faced amazon parrot doesn't even like to be touched or sit on people's shoulders. My blue copper marans and the youngest of my red stars both love to sit on my lap though. The red star will find any way to get on my shoulder or back or anywhere on me so that she can perch and be petted! I just get paranoid because she might poop on me lol.

Back
Top Bottom