1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

do you guys think this is too small? i do

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Johnn, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Johnn

Johnn Overrun With Chickens

Sep 5, 2011
    some one who lives over the park from me got some pullets about a month aagao i dont speak to them but can see them over the fence they are kept in a coop and the inside area is a metre by a metre and they only have a 2 metre long run by 1 metre isnt it to small for five chickens and they have no grass in there either just bricks on the florwith saw dust

2. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    "Too small" is a judgement option. It will get nasty pretty quickly and the bedding will frequently have to be changed. However, battery chickens live their entire lives in cages and/or very small cramped quarters, so quality of life is a sliding scale.

3. Johnn

Johnn Overrun With Chickens

Sep 5, 2011
    yeah i know a bout battery hens they were my first hens and i went into the shed were they all were the smell was discusting and my mam started crying at how cruel it was and the woman saw a dieng hen in the cage so seh got it and threw it behind her and it landed on the floor and started bleeding, then when i went last year i took my cuzin sister and this little kid with me and my cuzin stole 30 eggs in her jumper i think the man saw her haha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by