Do you have a favorite breed of dog?

Quote:
We used to have Kees and they were wonderful dogs! One of the stud dogs we had, he was so mischevous and he certainly gave us the run for the money LOL! his name was CH Dutchmans Tigger Too Too....I don't know enough about his pedigree but we never had any pups from him while we had him for almost two years. He was a class one clown!

If it was not for the hair, I would not mind another one.

Keeshonden are some of the most wonderful dogs on the planet. I miss my Keesies but our land is wooded and a Keeshond would have a never-ending fight with burrs here. It's sad they've gotten so rare. One good thing though. You no longer see the number of Keeshond pups in pet stores (they are some of the most adorable pups on the planet). Now, you see a ton of Papillons in pet stores instead.
smack.gif
he.gif

My favorite breed is a Bull Terrier i love everything about them and ive always wanted one and i was able to get one and hes everything i ever wanted!
Picture074.jpg

handsomeboy90.jpg

Picture603.jpg

Quote:
i really want one two BUT MAN THE ARE EXPENCIVE!!!!! (im tring to find the perfict one)
yours is very Handsome!! looks like a good boy!!

Nice to see I'm not the only one that has/had lots of dogs, lol. For a favorite, I've gotta say, mutt. I've had mutts, and I've had purebreds. What I love about mix breeds, is there really isn't another exactly like it. They seem to always, in my experience, have good temperments too, at least most of the rescued ones I've had. Almost like they know they are getting a second chance (or third or fourth....) I currently have 4 dogs, 2 Pit mixes, one looks like a Greyhound mix, and another looks like a Red Heeler/ Pit mix, though I know she has no Heeler in her. My other two are a Doxie/Maltese mix and a Shih Tzu/Poodle mix. I always seem to have a dog that has Pit in it at any given time. I love Pits, though, I just think they are so beautiful. I also love, love, love, Basset Hound mixes. I've had two Basset Hounds, and although there the sweetest boys, both had dog aggression problems. But the Basset mixes I've seen all seem to have the face of the mix, and the body of a Basset. It is so cute. Especially the Lab/Basset mixes. So as you can see, too hard for me to pick one favorite
tongue.png
I would love to someday get a black Pit, or a Doberman, or a Standard Poodle, but I'm sure I'll end up rescueing from a shelter. Good chance of getting a black Pit there, where I'm at.
I've changed what types of dogs I want, since I've become allergic to dang near everything now. No more long haired, or thick coated dogs for me.
Here's a pic of my current crew. We no longer have the Jack Russel, though. Lost her last year. Adopted he from the shelter at the age of 10. I love old dogs. Poor thing came to me with hypothyroidism, (she was 26lbs! I got her down to a healthy 18lbs), then progressed to go deaf and suffer from dementia, and lastly her kidneys failed. She was a character, though. I would never have a young Jack Russel, too much energy for me, but as a geriatric dog, it was easier. Whew, sorry for the novel!
44142_100_1740_008.jpg

Last edited:
I Love my Cavalier and his two sons who are Cavalier X Bichon. I will have to edit to add a picture when I have a better connection.

Jack (the cav) is such a good boy and a couch potato. It's so funny - if one of the other dogs is "in trouble" for something, he immediatly gives himself a time out. He always is out to please.

Sparky is his goober headed son (black and white) who started out the runt and is now the heaviest of the litter. He has a fetish for food and licking bare toes.

Tucker is the other son we kept. He is the thinker and doer. He is always one step ahead. He has more of the bichon energy, while not hyper like his mom - he is restless and paces. Tucker's original name was Trouble. He jumped over our 4 foot fence when he was 5 months old and can almost get over the 6 foot fence. He scales it like a cat using his "puppy hands" as we call them. If he had an opposible thumb we would be in heaps of trouble. He knows how doorknobs work but just can't grasp them good enough to turn them.

Lily their mom - while I like her - she is a bit nutty and needy. We got her at 8 months old and she had lived in a cage 24/7 was covered in urine and feces. I am seriously considering getting her one of those "thunder vests" like you get for an autistic child. She is bright but stubborn.

Back
Top Bottom