Do you have a Harbor Freight Greenhouse? How is it?

I have exactly that one. I've had to do some modifications to make it functional. First, I built a level floor with cement deck blocks and a wooden deck that I bolted the greenhouse onto. Then, I used foam filler around where all the panels fit onto the frame, because the clips that come with it needed a little more reinforcement - a couple came loose when we had a high wind. Other than that, it's been great. Even a heavy snow didn't cave it in - I did go out there with a broom to brush off the snow that night, after there was already close to a foot on it.
I think I still want to modify the door to make it swing open and closed, because it doesn't slide as well as it's supposed to.
All in all, I had a coupon and paid $199 for the kit, it's been well worth it.

I bought one about five years ago. I had nothing but problems with mine. I bought the 10 x 12 foot one.

If you live where it is windy you may want to anchor it down somehow. I came home more than once to my flipped on it's side! Also, if you live where there's a lot of snow you may want to remove the panels. I lost a bunch of mine the 1st winter mine was up to snow, wind, and ice damage.

I bought one about five years ago. I had nothing but problems with mine. I bought the 10 x 12 foot one.

If you live where it is windy you may want to anchor it down somehow. I came home more than once to my flipped on it's side! Also, if you live where there's a lot of snow you may want to remove the panels. I lost a bunch of mine the 1st winter mine was up to snow, wind, and ice damage.

Thanks. We live in both wind and snow territory. :( Ana White has a newer greenhouse plan that we are considering. It wouldn't be a cheap as the HF version, but we all probably know that cheap isn't always good.

I have that 6x8 model. I like it. Yes I anchored it as well as beefing it up.

So far only one incident of a panel pooping loose in extreme wind. Luckily it didn't take flight as it was blocked by a planter.

IMG_20200416_070513.jpg

Last year covered in snow. I do go out and slide the snow off with a broom.

Back
Top Bottom