Do you have any " problem" chickens?

You have to get one of those old fashioned nail files that have the little handle then for like five minutes everyday file it down, but make sure to hold their head still so that it doesn't shake the crud out of their brains! Lol then I'd get a hair band and wrap it around their beak for like an hour and bring them inside and over time it heals itself. But if you have a super super bad case it could hurt them to put the band on.

It sounds like braces for chickens...

I wonder if those little black rubber bands for doing braids [dollar tree sells a big box for $1] would work for that?

One of my very first hens had scissor beak, but it wasn't bad enough to need intervention. She was awesome, and she loved peanuts! Char sui chicken :) I wish I had known that, it would have been neat to try to fix it.

You have to get one of those old fashioned nail files that have the little handle then for like five minutes everyday file it down, but make sure to hold their head still so that it doesn't shake the crud out of their brains! Lol then I'd get a hair band and wrap it around their beak for like an hour and bring them inside and over time it heals itself. But if you have a super super bad case it could hurt them to put the band on.

It sounds like braces for chickens...

I wonder if those little black rubber bands for doing braids [dollar tree sells a big box for $1] would work for that?

One of my very first hens had scissor beak, but it wasn't bad enough to need intervention. She was awesome, and she loved peanuts! Char sui chicken :) I wish I had known that, it would have been neat to try to fix it.
Wouldn't have worked for my guy. By the time he was 2 weeks old it was crazy bad. It was noticeable by 1 week. Can't imagine closing their mouths at that age.. :(

Honestly, If you love them it's he only choice to save them :/

My serama hens wasn't very bad, but I tried to find a cure and it worked!

Go to my album named " My Flock" and she's the buff colored one with the silkied rooster in the pic!

Amazing ain't it? ( lol.... Ain't )

Honestly, If you love them it's he only choice to save them :/

My serama hens wasn't very bad, but I tried to find a cure and it worked!

Go to my album named " My Flock" and she's the buff colored one with the silkied rooster in the pic!

Amazing ain't it? ( lol.... Ain't )
Do you have a before picture?

He's doing fine the way he is. He eats and drinks and is growing well.

Back
Top Bottom