1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

do you have photos of ideal chickens?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by 1Chick Magnet, Feb 2, 2009.

1. 1Chick Magnet

1Chick Magnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I would like to place an order with ideal. would love to see photos of chickens that came from them. the breeds I am considering are turken,easter egg, salmon faverolle, blue polish, and frizzle. these are the ones I am the most interested in but would love to see photos of any chickens from ideal. also want to know what your opinion of dealing with them is. if I order delivery for a specific week, will the order arrive on time?

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
  3. hollyk

hollyk Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    Canton, Texas
    [​IMG]I don't have any pictures up loaded yet, but I ordered 26 EE's in December. They shipped on the 10th and arrived on 11th. All the chicks were healthy and have done great! I really liked dealing with Ideal and will certainly do it again.

4. bufforps

bufforps Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2008
    NC
    I also had a positive experience with Ideal. All the chicks were healthy and arrived on time. The dark brahmas, buff brahmas, and cochins pictured below are from Ideal.
    [​IMG]

I also got some silkies:
    [​IMG]

5. Three_Blessings

Three_Blessings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Barry county, Michigan
    Nice looking flock! I have an order from Ideal coming in April and I am excited to see them. This is my first order from them as well, so we'll see how it goes. I have heard lots of good things about them.

6. Hen'nbiddies

Hen'nbiddies Out Of The Brooder

have an order coming from Ideal; on Feb 16th. My first chickens.!I ordered from there rather than McMurray's because of the good things people had to say about Ideal. We will see how it goes [​IMG]:fl [​IMG]

7. Over Easy in Adna

Over Easy in Adna Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Adna Washington
    My first order comes out of Ideal on the 25th. I did a lot of reseach and found many positive experiances from them. I don't think that either one of us will have any problems.

8. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    All but one of my girls came from Ideal.

I had none dead and all were/are healthy. We got them in late May early June last year. They were shipped on Wed and arrived on Thursday. TX to MA in ONE DAY! Nearly all are laying now and when the weather warms I am hoping to be up to "full production" LOL
    One of my BO's is the epitome of Buff Orps. She is talky, but not loud. friendly to the point of being dog like and is incredibly affectionate.

I may order from another source this year, since I dont need a lot of chicks. But I will admit I am nervous about doing so.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  9. Peaguy

Peaguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    I have ordered from Ideal twice now and all of the chicks were healthy. I still have 4 of the 5 Turkens I got from them (the one I lost was because of a dog issue [​IMG])
    I don't think I have any decent pics of them but I will rummage thru and see.....
    Nope sorry. One thing I found also, the RIRs I got are very deep red where everyone says hatchery stock usually doesn't have the dark red coloring. One of mine is almost black looking it is so dark. I do have to get some pictures Gads I didn't realize that I really dont have any. I do have some of the Dominatrix Society (my Dominique hens (6) and roo. I got them at the feed store but they ordered from Ideal. I'll share those if you'd like.
    Oh and one thing I've learned Turkens don't like to be crowded. They do much better weight wise and health wise if they have space. Just so you know.
    I love my Turkens!
    And right on time last night (24 weeks) I got my first egg from one of the RIRs. A LARGE PULLET EGG ABOUT THE SIZE OF THE EGGS i HAVE BEEN GETTING FROM MY dOMS FOR ALMOST A MONTH NOW. i WOULD GRADE IT AT A MEDIUM SIZE BUT FOR A FIRST EGG THAT'S PRETTY BIG i WOULD SAY. sorry cap lock got hit and I didn't realize it!
    I would say go for it and give Ideal a try! [​IMG] I have been very pleased.

ETA oops found one of a few of the Turkens as chicks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the Doms
    [​IMG]
    First week of Dom eggs
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  10. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    Ideal delivers healthy chicks, and if they dont they have stood by their word and made it right.

However, if you are looking for birds that meet the APA standards, you should not expect that out of any large hatchery, healthy chickens , close to standard yes, definitely.

I found Ideals service and communications to be excellent.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by