Do you kiss your chickens?

Absolutely not. I have many positive relationships with other human beings so I don't need to look to chickens to meet my emotional needs. I find the notion very sad.

Just had to add...When you can look into the eye of ANY animal and see a heart and soul...you're well on your way to enlightenment.
smile.png

Quote:
No disrespect intended but I truly think you don't understand--- it has nothing to do with relationships with humans. I have been married for nearly a quarter of a century to a wonderful man--- I've raised two great kids into loving, responsible and well adjusted adults. I have always loved animals in that they are an expression of God's amazing creation, providence and love. My animals--- including my chickens bring me such joy--- just their being--- the fact that I care for them and they provide for me. Animals are, to me, a sign of God's love for us--- a gift that teaches us about our relationship to Him. I think it is more sad when a creature created by God cannot be loved and appreciated for what it is--- a living breathing being that with a little care provides so much in return. It is sad to me when I see animals treated as objects--- a commodity to be used. It is interesting how in our society we recognize people who abuse and torture animals as having the potential of eventually becoming killers of human beings--- Being a good steward of God's creation to me means seeing the goodness in it---- that bring joy to my heart and that is expressed in the care and affection I feel towards the creatures he has provided for me..... Just my .02... for what it is worth!
wink.png

My little girl has even kissed tiny eggs when she collects them. EWWWW!!! wash your lips!

Just try not to kiss these hens .... especially the booted bantam and the silkie - they whine and make a rucas until you pick them up for
a hug and a kiss to settle them !

Thinks about how you'll shake a stranger's hand without knowing where it's been.

Quote:
No disrespect intended but I truly think you don't understand--- it has nothing to do with relationships with humans. I have been married for nearly a quarter of a century to a wonderful man--- I've raised two great kids into loving, responsible and well adjusted adults. I have always loved animals in that they are an expression of God's amazing creation, providence and love. My animals--- including my chickens bring me such joy--- just their being--- the fact that I care for them and they provide for me. Animals are, to me, a sign of God's love for us--- a gift that teaches us about our relationship to Him. I think it is more sad when a creature created by God cannot be loved and appreciated for what it is--- a living breathing being that with a little care provides so much in return. It is sad to me when I see animals treated as objects--- a commodity to be used. It is interesting how in our society we recognize people who abuse and torture animals as having the potential of eventually becoming killers of human beings--- Being a good steward of God's creation to me means seeing the goodness in it---- that bring joy to my heart and that is expressed in the care and affection I feel towards the creatures he has provided for me..... Just my .02... for what it is worth!
wink.png

Well said Kelidei!
big_smile.png

And yes I kiss my chickens on the lips all the time... they are free range and they're clean! I have had moments when I've realised what plant they'e been eating based on their beak-breath.... that's always a weird moment.....

Back
Top Bottom