Do you know any paranoid people?

I have to love the thoughts of some folks. the Media is to blame I believe? they tend show the worst of everything as daily life and make nut jobs out of normal people. as it is the wife even said the thing about the Salmonella in the eggs and talks about it from handling anything the birds touch. I kinda laugh and keep going. as is she loves the 6 Pekin Ducks we have and has no idea whats in store when our 6 Embden's get here next week. aw't to be fun.

Just the local drug dealers, but they have good reason to be paranoid. And no I do not know them personally.
smile.png

Quote:
Mankind has been going downhill since they first crawled out of the Ocean. You here that from every generation. Question is where does the hill end. Will people in the future say "I may just be getting older but it seems like we are all going uphill".

I wish we were all going downhill. It's a lot easier. Seems like I'm always going uphill. Last time I went downhill it was a blast on my 10 speed. Now if I got on a 10 speed it would be all uphill and when I got to a downhill I would fall Off.
smile.png

It's amazing how many people are afraid of diseases from poultry. As long as everything is well cooked I don't see a problem. Amazing what the media does to people. If it's on TV it's a fact.

If you do a google search on pet ducks, on the first page there is a CDC warning about giving ducks to kids, and the risk of death from samonella. No wonder people are terrified.

I dont like the CDC for many reasons....and this is one of them. Lets scare the crap out of the general public with limited studies and fear mongering. My kids (9 and 3) have been holding the ducks and guinneas sence day one (been 2 weeks now), and have yet to break out in bloody diarreah. Ducks run around in the living room once a day, and kids play in there before and after.

As for my ducks being tested....I got them from efowl, so where ever they get their ducks from.....was it metzer or mcmurray? I cant remember. But Im not worried about it anyway.

We live in a world of germ phobia. Take a look at TV. Antibacterial this and antimicrobial that. All they do is raise super bugs that are really dangerous. Stop the sterile insanity and we will be healthier. Don't even sterilize that milk bottle for the baby. It cannot build an immune system, if it does not get exposed. The few germs will not make it sick. The early omission will make it violently sick when it really gets exposed. Let your kids crawl and play in the dirt. Let them eat unwashed fruits/vegies from your garden. Let them touch pets. These kids will be the healthiest, strongest kids you ever see. That is one reason why I don't use harsh toxic cleaners in the house. You don't need to. Common sense in normal hygiene is all that is needed.

Quote:
Someone once begged me to sell them a dozen eggs and to see my chickens. I had just given all the eggs away. Had to scramble in the coops to come up with another dozen, plus what were my own eggs in the fridge. She asks the price, I say $3, she pitches a fit and says she'll pay $2 and change.

I go inside to get the eggs, let her go out to see the birds that were free range. I go out with her eggs and she begins cursing me and telling me how there are "laws against things like this" -- letting birds roam my acreage in the country! *face palm*

The next day I got a call from the state avian veterinarian -- he almost seemed to be chuckling, not sure. I was reported by this woman for having 200-300 birds with Avian flu and for not keeping them penned! Bwahahaha. I like how she added a zero to the number of birds I owned, and gave them a disease that has not been found in this country.

Wickedly, this is the "next" thing that happened: I learned the following week that she died after reporting me. I'm not supposed to snicker at that, right?! No irony there . . .

(Incidentally, the state avian vet was a good guy.)

ep.gif
th.gif
How about I stay on your good side?
gig.gif

Quote:
Someone once begged me to sell them a dozen eggs and to see my chickens. I had just given all the eggs away. Had to scramble in the coops to come up with another dozen, plus what were my own eggs in the fridge. She asks the price, I say $3, she pitches a fit and says she'll pay $2 and change.

I go inside to get the eggs, let her go out to see the birds that were free range. I go out with her eggs and she begins cursing me and telling me how there are "laws against things like this" -- letting birds roam my acreage in the country! *face palm*

The next day I got a call from the state avian veterinarian -- he almost seemed to be chuckling, not sure. I was reported by this woman for having 200-300 birds with Avian flu and for not keeping them penned! Bwahahaha. I like how she added a zero to the number of birds I owned, and gave them a disease that has not been found in this country.

Wickedly, this is the "next" thing that happened: I learned the following week that she died after reporting me. I'm not supposed to snicker at that, right?! No irony there . . .

Wow! I bet you're glad she didn't get any of your eggs, afterall. Can you imagine?

Quote:

Wow! I bet you're glad she didn't get any of your eggs, afterall. Can you imagine?

No, she got the eggs. I understand that she died the next day. (I learned a week later.)

Ughhh paranoid people drive me nuts. Like come on what don't kill you will make you stronger. My son is always dirty, eats bugs, goes bare foot all over the yard and in the duck run. Baths with a duck, swims in the new pond with the ducks... Even sleeps with the odd duck or chicken. Every day I make sure he is clean and washed well...sometimes many times a day.
But God made dirt and dirt don't hurt... that is my moto. I don't sparkle and I clean my house daily.....

Germ a phobs and hellicopter parents drive me nuts....ughhhh

Now on another note: we take birds to school all the time. One bunch of chickens Jack took to his kindergarden class. they asked him their names.....he said I'm not naming them I'm going to eat them when they grow up. I darn near thought the teacher and princible were going to die hearing that. I've even gotten a few phone calls/facebook messages from parents...they are either asking for fresh eggs and meat, or freaking out that my kid is sharing where meat and eggs come from. The ones that freak I invite them over for dinner and then share what they are eating. Yaaaaa I'm a grump I know

Back
Top Bottom