do you know B. Cummings, artist?

Chickensducks&agoose, thanks so much! The signature on the painting looks like the correct one. I had on glasses, the magnifier on the mouse and a magnifying glass to try and see the signature. It's in the right place and has the right style. You have to sign in at the website to get more info, but perhaps I'll go back to the site and post a message. I also sent off an e-mail to the one you posted. Let's see how that goes.

You are all so wonderful! I guess I may be giving up too soon. I am seriously impatient by nature! You are a resourceful bunch. Thanks!

Caroline
thumbsup.gif

If you haven't found your artist yet, google Beth.Cummings +art. She is an artist in Mississippi and does "primitive" subjects.
I like your chicken print, too.
Good luck.
Margie

Hi,
I also have a nice print signed and numbered by the same artist. I believe it is Beth Jo Cummings, here is an old listing with information about her. She passed away in September, 1992 of Breast Cancer.

Beth Cummings Award winning Folk Artist, Beth Cummings is one of America's most respected artists. The tremendous demand for Beth"s work forced fer to issue limitededtion prints of her oils. Self taught, she has mastered a folk art technique that has brought her much acclaim. American Primitive painting, for a long time ignored by critics, is now being recognized as one of our great artistic traditions. "Primitive" is a term used to describe the self taught artist- the Folk Artist. Herart is a joyous testament to the creativity in every generation of Americans. Beth's work takes us back to a happier time when life was much more simpler. Our past has been softened by time and mellowed by memories and dreams. Her work reminds us that t was a time to work, a time to rest and a to play. Beth, her husband Fred, and two sons live in the Delta near Yazoo City, Mississippi. Beth and Fred offer a complete program consisting of original oils. limited edtion prints, and professional matting and framing that delight galleries and art collectors alike.

Hope that helps,
Norb Novocin
Estate Auctions, Inc.
P.S. I pretty much registered just to answer your question, but my wife has talked about us getting chickens and noticed that you are in Jacksonville, we lived there for 23 years. (In Delaware now.)

Norb! How kind of you to go to that extent and answer my question!
welcome-byc.gif
I have just a few chickens and find it both relaxing and entertaining to care for them. My girls produce colored and brown eggs. I have enough to give to the old folks at our church. One gentleman does not care for them because as a child, he had "homegrown" eggs and they had a strong taste. I dunno about all that, but mine certainly don't have lemon colored yolks, but a nice deep orange! Thanks for the info, Caroline

My name is Andrew Cummings. Beth was my mother. I would be happy answer any questions. My email is dacummings at gmail.com.

My name is Andrew Cummings. Beth was my mother. I would be happy answer any questions. My email is dacummings at gmail.com.

Andrew,
welcome-byc.gif
, so good to hear from you! I will send e-mail you this morning and include BYC in the subject line.
smile.png
Caroline

It's amazing, how small the world truly is.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom