Do you know how much MSG you consume?

Chicken Fruit

Songster
10 Years
Feb 25, 2009
Echo Homestead
Is anyone else aware and disgusted with the amount of MSG (among other highly toxic substances we consume daily) thats in our food?

We've been slowly finding it in our diets and getting rid of it. I cant believe how much better we feel without it. We didnt even think we felt off, or bad, or effected- not until we were detoxed off it.

Look at some of the stuff its in:

These ALWAYS contain MSG
Glutamate Glutamic acid Gelatin
Monosodium glutamate Calcium caseinate Textured protein
Monopotassium glutamate Sodium caseinate Yeast nutrient
Yeast extract Yeast food Autolyzed yeast
Hydrolyzed protein
(any protein that is hydrolyzed) Hydrolyzed corn gluten Natrium glutamate (natrium is Latin/German for sodium)

Here's more is just about always in as well:
Carrageenan Maltodextrin Malt extract
Natural pork flavoring Citric acid Malt flavoring
Bouillon and Broth Natural chicken flavoring Soy protein isolate
Natural beef flavoring Ultra-pasteurized Soy sauce
Stock Barley malt Soy sauce extract
Whey protein concentrate Pectin Soy protein
Whey protein Protease Soy protein concentrate
Whey protein isolate Protease enzymes Anything protein fortified
Flavors(s) & Flavoring(s) Anything enzyme modified Anything fermented
Natural flavor(s)
& flavoring(s) Enzymes anything Seasonings
(the word "seasonings")

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/hiddensources.html Theres more on there, explaining how they're allowed to add it into foods without stating it. Anything thats hydrolyzed contains it. Its in sooo many different ingredients of the foods we eat, we dont even know its there- imagine how much that adds up to. All those tiny little bits. Its even allowed in organic foods.

People! They spray it on the plants we eat, so they grow bigger. Its stored in the plants cell that we then eat. UGH! They even inject it in our meats- if you buy meat from a store and it has red juice around it in the package- thats not blood, its injected flavorings and color which contain MSG.

you know what the side effects and illnesses are that its linked to? Everything we suffer from in this nation. Obesity. heart trouble (heart attack, high blood pressure, poor circulation, rapid heart rate, palpitations, congestive heart issues) sugar issues (insulin imbalance) metabolic issues, insomnia, mental issues (insanity, alzhiemers, anxiety, depression, ADD, ADHD, concentration and memory issues) macular degeneration, blurred vision, aching joints and muscles... thats the short list.

Seriously. Its gross! You literally have to grow and produce your own food to really avoid it completely, its hard to avoid it for the most part.

Its even in baby formula. Anything that has flow agents in it... BABY FORMULA! it contains not only flow agents, but natural flavorings and other things too. We put that in our newborns! it stores up in their bodies, we cant metabolize it- it takes forever for us to. So it gets stored, its a toxin! We wonder why so many kids have ADD and attention disorders.

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/Avoid.html

http://www.foodsafety.gov/~lrd/msg.html

http://www.sellingsalesmanship.com/msginfo.html

Last edited by a moderator:
droolin.gif
now i have a sudden urge to hit eggroll express later

Quote:
youre bad
tongue.png

I went through withdraw, and do every time I give in and eat the crap, like you would when you eat sugar or caffeine.

Stupid MSG.

Stupid General Tso... soo gooood....

mmm....mono sodium glutamate....

We will not die for a lack of knowledge...just lazy bones and conveniance.

Quote:
youre bad
tongue.png

I went through withdraw, and do every time I give in and eat the crap, like you would when you eat sugar or caffeine.

Stupid MSG.

Stupid General Tso... soo gooood....

i get the worst headaches after eating that stuff..but its so tasty!!
lol.png

Ya, it is really scary. I have a BIL that cannot have MSG and it is amazing how many food have it. We are trying to eat "cleanly" as they say and basically that is just making whole food from scratch. Nothing boxed or processed. I cook mostly like that anyway. Make my own yougurt and try to make my own bread when I have time. I try to use honey or molasses for sweetners instead of white sugar. It is hard. I love chinese food and going out to eat.
love.gif

Quote:
Yeah I cook that way too. I was just so disgusted to find that it was even in my butter (all unsalted butter has natural flavorings containing MSG) and in my flour (it always contains malted barley flour, malted anything contains MSG) what a pain in the butt!

I agree with whoever was up there, we should all just live in the woods and eat berries!

Back
Top Bottom