Do you know when enough is enough?

Harley's girl

Songster
11 Years
Mar 28, 2008
Ohio (way out in the country)
Cause I don't! LOL I said that I would not get anymore chickens after June 28th! Do you know how many more chickens I have got since then?!? Me either but it is a lot! So I need to ask, when is enough...enough? Will I just know? Will I have a sense of accomplishment? Will God say ALRIGHT ALREADY? Did your DH/DW say that you would have to sleep in the coop? Please someone answer this question. Because I just told a fellow BYC member I will take her chickens......20 more!!!!! I already have over 100 chickens! Am I insane?
ep.gif

What are your thoughts?

Well, you are blessed to be "way out in the country" and that you have enough room and $$ to take care of that many.

When you have "enough"....you'll know.

I know, it is crazy, isn't it?! I started with one chicken this year and I am currently up to 39, plus I just hatched 6 more chicks and got rid of a bunch of roosters! Oh, and I have added ducks and geese too!

edited to add: this was my 500th post and I am now "overrun with chickens!"

Last edited:
I have set a new cut off date! And I am sticking to it this time!
My new date is.....................

December 31, 2008

After that date I will not buy or get any more chickens for the year! Now 2009. Well, I am not going to make any set date just yet.
wink.png

Eighteen chickens is enough for me. It allows me to give them lots of quality time I probably couldn't if there many more of them. I have my other animals to think about too. They need individual time as well.
I do love my chickens, I do crave more chickens. I do think it's possible to get literally overrun with them and have them become more of a chore than a hobby, that's why I'm practicing self-control. One of the few times I do have any self-control.

Harley's girl :

Cause I don't! LOL I said that I would not get anymore chickens after June 28th! Do you know how many more chickens I have got since then?!? Me either but it is a lot! So I need to ask, when is enough...enough? Will I just know? Will I have a sense of accomplishment? Will God say ALRIGHT ALREADY? Did your DH/DW say that you would have to sleep in the coop? Please someone answer this question. Because I just told a fellow BYC member I will take her chickens......20 more!!!!! I already have over 100 chickens! Am I insane?
ep.gif

What are your thoughts?

You dont realise Harleysgirls, that the chickens are hypnotising you into believing that you dont have enough.............there will never be enough chickens....there will never be enough chickens.....there....will.....never.....be....enough...chickens.....xxxx you have so had me laughing!​

As long as you are able to care for them, feed them, and keep them in proper living conditions, I wouldn't worry about it.

When you have "enough" you'll know it. Its just like with anything else..... chores.... laundry...... bills..... when you have enough you'll know....LOL
lau.gif

Personally, I have ENOUGH of those everyday, so its the chickens that get me through!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom