Do you leave messages?

PotterWatch

My Patronus is a Chicken
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
Virginia
If you call someone and it goes to their voicemail or answering machine, do you tend to leave a message or just call back another time? I had someone call me three times today and never leave a message. It isn't a number I recognize, but I imagine it was someone calling to inquire about the products we sell on our farm. Wednesdays are always super busy on our farm and I rarely am able to answer my phone until we are done for the day. I just have to wonder why the person didn't just leave a message...

It depends on what I need to tell them.
Recently, I've been getting calls from an unrecognized number. I have never been able to answer them, as they always call at the worst times! like when I'm at school, when my phone is off, when it's on vibrate, when I leave it at home, and more! I can't think of why they don't leave a meggage if they feel like they need to keep calling.
rant.gif

ALWAYS LEAVE A MESSAGE!
rant.gif

It's not unusual for me to come home and not have any messages - but caller ID says I've gotten 10+ calls ... some of them are from family, neighbors or friends. Even if all you say is 'hey, just called to say hello - I'll call back later". It drives me NUTS when my roommate calls someone - for a specific purpose - and hangs right up. When I ask what happened, she says they didn't answer. When I ask how she expects to get the answer to her question she says they'll call back. When I ask how she knows they have caller ID - OR how she knows they check it off and on all day long... - she just stares at me like I'm speaking martian.
If someone calls me and doesn't bother to leave a message - I assume they didn't really want to talk to me anyway.
tongue.png

It just depends on my mood, and whether I think they will return a call.

BUT I have noticed when I call a business, like Medco
rant.gif
, if I use the voice of the adults on Charlie Brown, it connects me to a representative.

Last edited:
If someone calls me and doesn't bother to leave a message - I assume they didn't really want to talk to me anyway.
tongue.png

That's pretty much what I assume as well. If it is someone like my Mom or my husband, I will call them back. An unknown number never gets a call back if they don't leave a message.

Most of the time, I do leave a message. I know what you're talking about when someone calls you repeatedly. I've got a couple of calls like that, and they never leave a message. Its kind of annoying, to say the least.

If you call someone and it goes to their voicemail or answering machine, do you tend to leave a message or just call back another time? I had someone call me three times today and never leave a message. It isn't a number I recognize, but I imagine it was someone calling to inquire about the products we sell on our farm. Wednesdays are always super busy on our farm and I rarely am able to answer my phone until we are done for the day. I just have to wonder why the person didn't just leave a message...
I usually leave a message when I get an answering machine but I know a lot of people who don't... You might want to have calls forwarded to your cell if ya don't want to lose sales at the farm
big_smile.png

Some of us have an irrational fear of answering machines.
hide.gif

<--------- Someone who has one.

Me too. I end up stuttering and saying weird goodbyes. Just today I said "buh bye" is this really weird tone that sounded like I was an old man. I get really nervous, so I would rather just call back at another time.

Last edited:
If I'm calling a business, I hate to leave a message. I have no interest in a business calling me back and really do not what my number left on their voicemail. If they are too busy to pick up the phone, I call back. I don't need to talk to a machine, I want an answer now, not at the end of the day when I'm busy doing something else that's more important to me.

One thing that I really hate, that occurs often today, is when I call someone, they don't pick up, I don't leave a voicemail and then, 2 hours later, they call me back. Look, if I wanted to leave you a message, I would have and might have asked you to call me. I didn't so, I don't want you to call me back.

Yep, I get a little ticked about phone calls. It's nice that my cell phone doesn't work up at the house
wink.png

Jim

Back
Top Bottom