Do you leave messages?

I usually leave a message when I get an answering machine but I know a lot of people who don't... You might want to have calls forwarded to your cell if ya don't want to lose sales at the farm :D

We only have cell phomes, no land line. It's hard to answer the phone when your hands are covered in chicken guts though, that's why we have voicemail :) .

When calling family or friends I leave a message. If I'm calling a business I'll talk to them at my convience, not theirs.For small and or family business I don't mind calling multiple times to talk.

I leave a message when it's not to a company. I usually try calling again later, but I don't leave a second message.
If someone isn't bothered to leave a message, they aren't worth calling back. Even friends and family.

So many people just call back their missed call numbers without first listening to the message anyway because it's faster (for them), so sometimes I leave a message, sometimes not...depends on who I'm calling.

Depends on what i'm calling for...
If its business related,(MY job), yes i always leave a message.
If its someone like my mother,.. no i just try to call back later..usually.
If i try to call a business..like a farm, to ask about a product,(meat, veggies,..they have for sale) then NO, i dont leave a message...
If you are a business and put your number/product out there for people to call about, i would expect them to answer the phone. IF they didnt answer the phone after i called a few times,... i wouldnt bother with them again. They would seem kinda shady to me and i would lose interest and take my business elsewhere.... IMO
I would think, "WHY would they put their number out for people to call and NOT answer their phone?".... Must be hiding from the bill collectors or disgruntled consumers..lol
Again, depends...

Last edited:
I think it's not always cut and dry for everybody.
lol.png

big_smile.png
This may sound complicated to those that don't do it, but it's really not...really, lol. With my family and good friends we all sorta have a code between us...if there's no message left and it's just a missed call it basically means "kk just checking in for no good reason or had some random question, nothing pressing, call, text, or email at your convenience"...but if we leave enough of a message so that there's a message alert it means "call back pdq". If there's more than 1 call immediately back to back without any message it means "911, call now". After all these years is so simple.
lol.png
Plus, we can all text each other.

edit

Last edited:
I leave them at times. I rarely answer the phone if I do not know the number.If a message is left I check it and return the call if needed.When we had a land line it went straight to a machine. I never answered that phone!

I always leave a message. If someone calls me and does not, I do not call them back, because it was obviously one of those [yawn]"Whatcha' doin'?" calls that waste my time :) I never even check to see who called

[delete all?] you bet.

I also do not return calls that say "I have a question for you, call me back". If you have a question for me, ask it and I will get back to you, with the answer. Duh. If you are not there, when I call, I will leave the answer, on your voice mail or answering machine. Phone-tag is not a fun game :(

Oh dear, I think I might be rude
hide.gif

I've stopped leaving messages for family/friends lately because so many folks were just looking at the caller ID and returning my call. My first question was, "Did you listen to my message?" and they say, "No, I just saw that you called, so what'd ya want?" *sigh*

BTW, Caller ID is not idiot proof - so beware! MIL is not the brightest crayon in the pack. She calls me one day and asks if I know a Kathlee Smith? "She called here, her number is on my caller ID, but I don't know her" I gently and repeatedly try to explain that probably the viewing screen on her caller ID just cut off one letter and it is me, KathleeN Smith (cause the screen does it by last name first so it read: "Smith, Kathlee".) Nope, it doesn't say Kathleen, it says Kathlee, this is someone else, she insists. So I have to shake my head and let her know that I sure don't know any Kathlee's, Smith or otherwise, sorry.
lau.gif

Now for business stuff, I usually leave a message if I'm calling from home and will be there for awhile to recieve their call. But if my day is crazy and I'm in and out (or at work where I might not wanat to receive a call) I'll hang up and try later when it's good for me.

One thing I do is when I leave my number, I RARELY give my cell number. I give the home number. I'm one of those with few minutes (and even less texts) and I don't need stuff gobbling that up, and on a barely related note, I swear the kids just text when they feel their fingers twitching
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom