Do you let your turkeys day-range?

Seems like there's a big difference in the tom vs. the hens. The tom just hangs around the pen when he's out. The hens have explored most of the yard, intimidated the chickens, climbed on every tall object, etc. They are a LOT more active.

I let them out for 30-45 minutes today, but since they are still young I didn't leave them unattended. When it came time for me to go back inside, I just corraled them back into their pen. They went in without any fuss. They actually gave me less fuss than my hens. LOL

It was fun to watch them come out for the first time. They made a big fuss and a bunch of noise over EVERYTHING. Each blade of grass, each bug, each songbird that went by, the chickens, etc.. LOL One hen decided she had enough exploring about 10-20 minutes in and went back into the pen and watched and talked to the others while they continued to explore.

They didn't wander but 5-10' from their pen the whole time. LOL

-Kim

My turkeys started out hanging out with the silkies because the ducks and geese were too aggressive. Now they are on their own and I sometimes have problems with them getting on my van.

Mine have just started fluffing out and it's so exciting to watch it.

jackie

If I had any I'd have to hide...I got attacked by a turken awhile back and I don't even like Turkish Delight anymore...I'm dead afraid of turkeys and turkens...i got a giant scar on my leg... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom