Do you like mcmurray hatchery?

sarahloveschickens

Songster
11 Years
Oct 26, 2008
Poconos, PA
I ordered there this September everyone was healthy but 2 One was soo tiny like the size of a golf ball and it died the within a week and 1 bird was shipped to me with a broken leg :[ What are your opinions of mcmurray?

Quote:
Oh wow ive heard of lots of ppl having problems with them u must be a lucky one
cool.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I like them and havent had any trouble. What was the total amount of birds you ordered and how many did they ship you?

We had great results, and had a really tricky order, one of this, one of that, 2 of this and two of that! They got it perfect, and only one bird had a problem, it developed cross bill as it got older, and they refunded our account, no questions asked.

Remember, when getting opinions, that if a person has a bad experience, they will tell 20 people, if they have a good, they will only tell 4! So, it is easy to hear lots of bad things about a huge place like McMurray.

Our birds are all big healthy back yard reps of thier breeds. One or two of the cochins may have been show type, but we dont show, so who knows!

Good Luck!

My very first chicks came from McMurray last May. I ordered 36, they sent 39, one was dead on arrival and then I lost 3 others in the following 2 days. So 35 made it to adulthood and the ones I kept are doing great and laying now. My free rare chick was a Blue Andalusian rooster.

My second order was from Ideal in Sept. I didnt lose any that time and am reordering from them again. But I wouldn't hesitate from ordering from McMurray again in the future, I really liked them. Their chickens are sweet natured and healthy.

Last edited:
We ordered from McMurray last spring and had good luck. 25 of 25 ordered were alive and females. We also got 1 free rare chick, that turned out to be a white cochin rooster.

I order from them last spring and lost one of 8 right after shipping. I was part of a bigger order and I think there was only one other loss in the 50 that were ordered. We were very happy with them!

Back
Top Bottom