Do you like to exercise/workout?

Quote:
I broke my neck while playing with my kids. I was on my hands and knees chasing my 7 year old at the time. Hubby was playing too and was hiding, scared my daughter around the corner, she turned around running as fast as she could and we crashed full force head on. I knocked the wind out of my 7 year old and I heard a loud crunch in my neck. All went downhill since and I have permanent spinal nerve damage.

OMGosh...
sad.png

Ouchie! Sounds like you are lucky to be alive!

LOVE to go for brisk walks at work twice a day with hand weights - just over a mile in 15 minutes.

I have lost 31 lbs since the beginning of July to get in shape for dress for son's wedding end of July. Keeping up the weight loss to get down to my driver's license weight. (4 lbs to go).

Feel GREAT, lighter, less low back pain (chronic low back pain history), more energy, less weight for horse to carry around, getting back into skinny clothes, getting back out and dancing, fun to clothes shop, etc.

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

LOVE to go for brisk walks at work twice a day with hand weights - just over a mile in 15 minutes.

I have lost 31 lbs since the beginning of July to get in shape for dress for son's wedding end of July. Keeping up the weight loss to get down to my driver's license weight. (4 lbs to go).

Feel GREAT, lighter, less low back pain (chronic low back pain history), more energy, less weight for horse to carry around, getting back into skinny clothes, getting back out and dancing, fun to clothes shop, etc.

What type of job do you do where you can exercise? That sounds like fun! I have been running for a week now. Not seeing any results or improvements. Oh well.
idunno.gif

Quote:
What type of job do you do where you can exercise? That sounds like fun! I have been running for a week now. Not seeing any results or improvements. Oh well.
idunno.gif

I have a desk job - admin assistant for hospital - so it's good to get out and move. Our hospital campus is wooded, so it's so nice to get outside.

I'm doing the Paleo diet. Eat my main meal at lunch and do just fruit or protein shake at dinner time.

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

Quote:
idunno.gif

I have a desk job - admin assistant for hospital - so it's good to get out and move. Our hospital campus is wooded, so it's so nice to get outside.

I'm doing the Paleo diet. Eat my main meal at lunch and do just fruit or protein shake at dinner time.​

That sounds interesting. I only have time to eat twice a day and expect that my lunch is killing my diet. I may go with your diet. Sounds like it's working. Thanks for the advice.

No..no i dont like excercise at all... actually i think i am allergic to it. I break out in a sweat and cant breathe everytime i attempt it.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
I love to exercise. I have to increase my running distances slowly in order to keep my knees happy, but I can bike or walk for a long, long way. DH recently started exercising with me and that has made it twice as much fun!

I love exercise. I do sabre fencing, SCA Heavy Fighting, martial arts, and am at the YMCA all the time. My bike is my primary mode of transportation, so I bike everyday. As opportunities allow, I also inline/ice skate, cross country ski, airsoft, pick up sports ( I especially like soccer), and hike. I'm trying to teach myself parkour, although I'm not very good at it. I go on walks anytime I have a spare minuet. Most of the outdoor chores at my family's house are my responsibility, including lawn mowing, shoveling, bush trimming, weeding, and pot hole filling.

Quote:
It happens to the best of us. I use to always... but like you I don't know what happened. I need to get back into it, to shed the weight I have put on over the past few years. We just bought the Ironman inverter (helps your back stretch and go back how its supposed to be). I have been pricing elipticals, I think if I had one at the house I would use it daily.

Quote:
OMGosh...
sad.png

Ouchie! Sounds like you are lucky to be alive!

I'm very lucky I can still walk short distances. However, I need to suck it up and get myself a wheelchair, so I can go out once in a while. I just turned 37, so I do feel too young for one. I miss out on the state fair, mall of america and other walking activities. I wouldn't wish disc/spine/nerve pain on anyone. It's extremely difficult to manage. I'm also very lucky to have my husband. He is my biggest support system and he is so caring. I try not to take anything for granted and I count my blessings daily.

Back
Top Bottom