Do you look like a chicken owner

Quote:
Oh yes, I've done that. Find myself brushing off pine shavings so I can go to town and not "look" like a chicken farmer. Could be the chicken-shaped purse I carry sometimes, too. Definitely a conversation starter. Went to the AT&T store with it and the girl said, "OH - do you have chickens?" When I said I did, she told me that she and her mom had Silkies.

My boss just thinks I'm nuts, so when I go to see her (I work from home) I definitely take my chicken purse.

tongue2.gif

deb g

Nope, I look like an odd mix of hyper religious - long hair, a bunch of kids - and aging goth - dark hair, tattoos, piercings, black clothing, old scars. Chickens are too normal for a freak like me.

Generally only when i dress nice in my new overalls and straw hat with fancy green visor front. When i go to work i am often mistaken for a hobo in a stolen mail jeep because i wear old t shirts with bleach spots from cleaning waterers and i usually have on my holy britches. My holy britches are those athletic pants with all the holes in them that breathe. My niece told me I look like a hobo, anyway. I asked her what the criteria was and she said they wear old clothes, carry a large sack, and live in a ditch. Two outta three aint bad as Meatloaf would say...

This was a great post! Congrats to "chickened" for coming up with it. Some of the replies are super funny..<<Craig..luvs it

When people first meet me, they are surprised when they learn I have chickens, goats, pigs, dogs and cats------not to mention my macaw and lizard! Around the bus barn (I drive a school bus), I guess I'm known as the "Crazy Animal Lady".

I'm not a hoarder or anything, I just love animals and talking about the funny things mine do. Also, if someone knows of a stray or is looking to find a home for an animal, they usually are told to contact me. I don't take the animal, just provide info on resources around our area.

Anyway, I don't know what a chicken owner is supposed to look like-----like Yancy on The Waltons? Hope I don't look like him!

Oh, people are usually happy to find out I have chickens------they want to buy my freah eggs!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom