Do you name your chickens?

• Yes

Votes: 173 81.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Only my favorites

Votes: 28 13.1%

• Total voters
Mine all have names, some even know their names, but for some reason, I'm the only one that remembers their names. We only have 2 cats, 7 dogs, and 15 chickens, it's not that hard :barnie
Our chickens are: Crazin (or Cajun), Noodle, Nugget, Dumplin, Biscuit, Popcorn, Nachos, Spicy, BBQ, Sesame, Honey, Teriyaki, Parmesan, Fajita, and Ginger

You bet!! I had a red frizzle named Lucy. I've a pr of Mel Leflores Romeo and Juliette. Pr of peafowl Rett and Scarlett. Another pr Anthony and Cleopatra!! Black and white frizzle named of course Miss Frizzle!! Named a polish rooster this week Bob, after What About Bob!! That rooster is crazzy!! It's so much fun. Oh one more, pr of turkens George and Gracie!!

I have 6. Penguin, Arwen, Aragorn, Bo Peep and Willow.

Attachments

• 20230511_133747.jpg
    20230511_133747.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230507_181009.jpg
    20230507_181009.jpg
    744.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230507_181000.jpg
    20230507_181000.jpg
    710.2 KB · Views: 0
Names in the pet flock:

Angel (the bully witch who I will be rehoming as soon as I get another hen laying), Ativan (stress relief), Brown Sugar, Onyx Blende, Isabel, Sassy, Chipmunk, Chestnut, Cinnamon, Olive (who did NOT lay olive!), Sir Peeps a Lot (now Ms. Peeps a Lot), Speckle (rooster), Silver, Matilda, Caramel, Princess, Sweetie (who was actually sweet).

Aptly named Feather, who pulled all the feathers (50-100 feathers) off the back of a fellow chick around 6 wks old in the space of an hour, so we rehomed her. Greyling, who was also rehomed due to being terrified of me for no apparent reason. Hard to doctor hens you can't catch.

I named all of my very first batch of chickens, 20 in total. We refer to these as our "OG" chickens and always use their names. But once we started adding more to our flock after the first 20, I only named my favorites. Mostly because we got 20 used comets and they all looked pretty much the same. 😂
My hubby and I don't see eye to eye on chicken naming. I name them very organically, just kind of whatever comes to mind. Many times with no rhyme or reason. He likes to name them based on something specific or a characteristic they may have. A few of our chickens have TWO names, because we couldn't agree on one....🤷‍♀️😂
Margarita aka Giraffe
Cinnamon aka Flat Top
Brahma Mama aka White Fuzz

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom