• Yes

Votes: 173 81.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Only my favorites

Votes: 28 13.1%

• Total voters
Pics
I've had about 69 chickens (not all at once - peak amount was 37 :)), and I think all but four had names (chicks who died within three days). Most of them have had themes. Some of the more interesting ones: Wheelbarrow, S'more, Curly Sue, Hazel the Frizzle, Earl, Polar Bear, Steamboat, Kitten Finnegan, Tucson, Agave, and Iris (the blind one, ironically).

We have named our 7 girls. Our grandchildren helped with the names. The black Australorp is named Blackberry. The buff Orpington is named Chickita, because she is the color of a banana according to the youngest granddaughter. The RIR is named Curry. The EE is named Nugget. The barred rock is named Sprinkles. We also have two Sicilian Buttercups that the granddaughters call “The Grannies”. Bluey is their favorite show and the grannies are something the kids pretend to be on the show. So of course, those two chickens are named Rita and Janet in their honor. Rita has the smaller white ear marking, so we can always tell them apart. Of course, the grandkids help with feeding the fluffy butts some weeds they find in the yard and give them other treats, plus help gather the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom