Do you need a permit to own DOMESTIC ducks in Florida? IDEAL POULTRY SAID I HAVE TO HAVE A PERMIT FO

i have never herd this i have mallards with no permit i ask and they said i was fine and i didnt need one ohh yeah and i called fish and game wild life here in ky they can give a hoot if you own any thing with out a permit

Kellyn,

My prices vary. In this month (Feb) I'm gonna be selling RIR pullet chicks for $6 each, or 10 for $50. I will also have several varieties of Silkie Bantams for $7 each, or 10 for $60 (st run). I'm probably going to hold on to my O Shamo and fayoumi chicks and sell them as mature pairs/trios online.

I've noticed that there's a lot of people out here sell $2 chicks but you get what you pay for. I've learned from talking to my customers that the average buyer doesn't know much about chickens and so they just buy what's cheap. I spend a lot of time and money breeding birds for specific traits, keeping accurate breeding records, proper outcrossing, and generally caring for my birds. I even have a vegitable garden I dedicate wholly to growing feed. I just couldn't look myself in the mirror if I was out there selling my chicks for 2 measly bucks.

The license, though, is a definite no-no for me. Getting that license gives FWC inspector the right to inspect your pens, fine you for violations and ****. Not to mention that they would take 1 look at the gamecocks and I would probably end up on some kind of watch list. I think it's better to just stay as off the grid.

Hi, yesterday I ordered 20 ASSORTED domesticated ducks from Ideal Poultry Breeding Farms and the operator told me I had to have a permit for freakin' assorted ducks, like swedish, khaki campbell and such! It was absurd! And has had me at my wits' end all day. I have 4 NON-pekin ducks, that might I add canNOT fly to save their lives, that I got from my feed store who bought them @ Ideal. Now I know THEY don't have a permit. And funny, funny, my grandmother who ALSO! Does not have this so-called permit, that ordered hers 15 minutes before mine, said, BRAGGGED! About the different breeds she would be receiving in a couple of days.

The dumb woman said i'd only be getting mostly pekins... I want diferent ypes, and only coninued my order bcause she neglected to tell me this BEFORE I gave her my card number.

They're supposed to come in the mail tomorrow, so maybe I might get a few muscovies, at the very least.

Aren't the only ducks u need permits for are flying malards?

Does anyone know if it is true or not that you hve to have a permit for domestic ducks in florida?

Ok, sorry for anyone who had to read that. But gosh, it really has me stressed. :'(

And sorry if I offended anyone. 90% of my birds are from there and other than that, I do like them.
I have 2 ducks one is Peking 1brown one forgot the type sorry

Back
Top Bottom