do you need a permit to sell pheasents such as the golden and if so...

birdman123

Songster
9 Years
Sep 18, 2010
woodsfield ohio
do i need a permit to own/breed/and sell exotic breeds of pheasents such as the reeves,impeyans,red golden, golden, ect ect
and if so i would like to know exactually what the permit is called so i can get it
please and thanks
cole

You need to check with your states fish and game dept.Each state has their own rules and regulations,not all are the same.Here in N.H only ringneck pheasants need a permit,but next door in Maine,they need for all species.
In N.H.,Tony.

Quote:
X2

X3
But in addition, if you plan to sell out of state , you must get your NPIP certification as well. It is illegal to ship into any state except Rhode Island or Wyoming without it, all others require a minimum pullorum/typhoid test, many now also require additional test for AI and MG as well as 50% of the states require you to have additional state import permits on top of the NPIP certificate to legally ship into their states, and even then, some require State vet cretificates on top of all that, Virginia comes to mind, they are one of the strictest states in the country when it comes to shipped in poultry.
If you only plan to sell within your state, your state laws will be all that applies, but very, very few people can do that, most will have to ship eventually to move all their birds.

Back
Top Bottom