Do you prefer apps or paper and pen?

My record keeping is horrendous, but since I started breeding rabbits I have tried really hard to improve. The only thing I stand a chance with is pen and paper. I have a 3 ring binder with my pedigrees and club memberships etc. and a specific rabbit record keeping book that goes in the binder.

If I don't write it down, I know it won't get done, so pen and paper for me.

I don't "do" apps. I don't have any installed on my phone, except what apple put there. And I don't use those, even. I'm app challenged. :confused:

Do you guys use an app to keep track of your flock? Or do you rather paper and pen? If you use an app, which ones do you prefer?
20220705_122016.jpg
I laminate a list and use a dry erase marker to check everyone and make notes. This is great to prep for chores like nail clipping, first aide, egg records AND chicken sitters. When my parents tend my flock they can tell me who needs help or who is missing even when they don't know names or breeds. They just check the leg band color and number and then they can tell me by that or their name.

Last edited:
My flock is small so I don't have a lot to keep track of.

All incubation/hatches were pen and paper

All date of hatches are tracked in my phone's calender so I can easily track age by weeks/months and make reminders.

I try to keep my apps to a minimum. I was in IT for over 30 years and have seen that well over 90% of apps have tracking and spyware included. I'm very picky about which ones I add to my phone.

Spreadsheets can be used to track most things just fine without adding any bloat to my systems.

Back
Top Bottom