do you prefer Cackle or McMurray? Help Me!!!!!

Taylor

Songster
11 Years
Dec 14, 2008
I have to order chicks this week! but have no idea where from or what breeds. who do you perfer and what breeds, please help me decide, and post any pics too!

I got the brown egg layer assortment last year from MM and they were sexed properly, only one dead in the first few day, and are healthy a year later. I like to get an assortment, I like seeing the different colors of the eggs. I haven't used cackle or any other hatchery but have used MM about 4 times in 10 years.

Last edited:
beware of MM. for some reason, they are now allowed to ship only on fridays, which means your birds sit over the weekend who knows where, and then get to your po on Monday. for this reason and until i hear for certain otherwise, i will never order from MM.

I ordered from MM this year. I called my PO to give them a heads up; they assured me the chicks would not be delivered to the PO on a Sunday because there is only cold storage drop off; so no chicks on Sunday to worry about. The PO called us on Sunday! Surprise:D
hmm.png
smile.png
e! The main distribution center that is. We could pick up today or wait until Monday for pick up at our local PO. DH drove 30 min to the main distribution center. He said there were boxes and boxes of chicks, all safe and cozy. The PO seems to do its best to protect the chicks.

When I called MM to get a hatch date, it was Saturday.

Last edited:
Cackle has a special that ends tomorrow or the next day-- 25 feather footed bantams for $53 or so. Man I really wanted to order, but I'd already ordered from Estes Hatchery who still had the Salmon Favorelles and Speckled Sussex pullets I wanted. I get them March 8th or 9th. Ordered them online and got an e-mail with the ship date the next day.

I will never order from MM again. They ship on Fridays and our post office is closed on Sunday. Twice over 25 out of 50, chicks where dead on arrival. I bought 35 Houdan. Only 11 lived after two shipments. Two are pictured below.

76816_img_0611.jpg

76816_img_0608.jpg

Back
Top Bottom