Do you sell fresh eggs? And have a sign? show yours!

Here is our sign. DH and I made it.
I have to take it down this year and re-paint it. I'm thinking of making it red with white letters and trim this time.

Jean

IM000418.jpg

I want to have a nice, clean sign like rafter7 this time, but several years ago, when my 30 RIRs suddenly filled the refrigerator (had no plan), I hurriedly put together this sign:

FreshEggs.jpg

It took a half hour to construct. I'd lean it on the mailbox whenever I had eggs all that summer. Sold out every time.

Hope it works as good this time around. (Prices sure have gone up in two years. They will be $2.00 a dozen for local to start with.

I always get excited for nothing when I drive to town because almost EVERY person that sells fresh eggs also sells some kind of puppy or rabbit or something....... and I get all excited to see a sign up, just to drive closer and see that it is NOT for eggs
hit.gif

Here's ours. My husband made it. He painted it and put the hardware on. Now, he says we are going to expand our flock to keep up with egg demands. I think he is hooked.
wink.png

100_1779.jpg

Last edited:
Love them all! I do not do a sign because I am not usually here when working. There is an old time farmer a few roads over and he has a little shack built with a refridgerator in it and a money box. It is a nice little set up and he has it right near his chicken coop so his customers can look at the chickens they are getting their eggs from.. I can't wait to see more of everyones signs.

I have a small sign in the yard that has the price, I used stick on numbers, so I can change it when I need to. It also says to Please Honk...since we live on such a busy road and all the new vehicles are so quiet, I can't hear them drive in.

We decided not to put price on the big sign by the road, because as feed prices change, we have to change our prices too. When we put that sign up, we were selling eggs for $1.00 a dozen.

Jean

Back
Top Bottom