Do you talk to your eggs while they are in the incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by addicted2chicks, Apr 25, 2009.

1. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Do you talk to your eggs while they are in the incubator? New to all this chicken stuff and just wondering in those last few days before they hatch can they hear you or feel your vibrations from your talking? Like a mom talking to her unborn baby? Go ahead and [​IMG] laugh now as some of you roll your eyes [​IMG] at the newbie. lol

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  2. vortec

vortec Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Martin County, NC
    Quote:The only dumb question is the one that goes un asked...

...I think...

lol, jk! But I really do not know the answer. I am going to get into hatching soon, so I am new to the idea too.

vortec

3. chickie_mama

chickie_mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Lula, GA
    I'm new too... but I so had a nice little chat with the eggs as I was putting them in the bator. Also talk to the little buggers when I candle too. I already love the little babies [​IMG]

Yep, I'm a crazy chicken lady!!!!!

4. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    we hatched an egg in the oven once that got left behind inthe nest, and talked to it. It imprintrd to us like no other ever hdd, or has since, and I think it was the talking.

5. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I talk to everything, and if I was incubating eggs, I would talk to them too. Probably playing chicken music, or something like it, would soothe them also . . .something like "turkey in the straw" . . ."had a little chicken" . . .[​IMG]

6. perrym1962

perrym1962 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Eastview, Ky..
    I have never talked to any myself, but what the heck why not if you want? May be a good thing.[​IMG]

7. fowlmood

fowlmood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2009
    northern Michigan
    Of course we talk to our eggs!! We crazy bird people are likely to talk to anything. Come on everybody, admit it, you talk to your eggs too. I know it's not just me. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Honestly I have no idea if it helps with the bonding issue, I tend to talk the entire time I'm doing chores. If the only thing around to listen to me is a few eggs then that's what I'll be talking to. I guess if it makes you feel good, go for it. It certainly wont do any harm to them. And no we wont laugh....too hard. [​IMG] Anyway, good luck with your hatch.

8. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

theres medications for conditions like this.... [​IMG]

9. fowlmood

fowlmood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2009
    northern Michigan
    Hey, I'm perfectly happy with my condition. [​IMG] So are all the other people in my head! [​IMG]

10. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Hey... I admit I'm crazy most of the time... so I don't have a problem telling you that during first hatch, when I heard a peep, I peep-ed back. It was chicken-code for "Come on outta there"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by