Do you talk to your eggs while they are in the incubator?

addicted2chicks

Songster
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Michigan
Do you talk to your eggs while they are in the incubator? New to all this chicken stuff and just wondering in those last few days before they hatch can they hear you or feel your vibrations from your talking? Like a mom talking to her unborn baby? Go ahead and
lau.gif
laugh now as some of you roll your eyes
roll.png
at the newbie. lol

Last edited:
Quote:
The only dumb question is the one that goes un asked...

...I think...

lol, jk! But I really do not know the answer. I am going to get into hatching soon, so I am new to the idea too.

vortec

I'm new too... but I so had a nice little chat with the eggs as I was putting them in the bator. Also talk to the little buggers when I candle too. I already love the little babies
love.gif

Yep, I'm a crazy chicken lady!!!!!

I talk to everything, and if I was incubating eggs, I would talk to them too. Probably playing chicken music, or something like it, would soothe them also . . .something like "turkey in the straw" . . ."had a little chicken" . . .
gig.gif

Of course we talk to our eggs!! We crazy bird people are likely to talk to anything. Come on everybody, admit it, you talk to your eggs too. I know it's not just me.
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Honestly I have no idea if it helps with the bonding issue, I tend to talk the entire time I'm doing chores. If the only thing around to listen to me is a few eggs then that's what I'll be talking to. I guess if it makes you feel good, go for it. It certainly wont do any harm to them. And no we wont laugh....too hard.
lau.gif
Anyway, good luck with your hatch.

Hey... I admit I'm crazy most of the time... so I don't have a problem telling you that during first hatch, when I heard a peep, I peep-ed back. It was chicken-code for "Come on outta there"

Back
Top Bottom