Do you talk too much about chickens?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Redsquirrel, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Redsquirrel

Redsquirrel Songster

Mar 24, 2009
    Burnsville, Minnesota
    Wondering if anyone else has been told that they talk too much about their chickens? I just can't help it. I am having way too much fun with these hens and chicks., etc., [​IMG] Even one of my pre-schoolers asked why I talked about them so much [​IMG] Ok-fess up people! [​IMG]
    Hello-I am a chicken-a-holic

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    NOOOOOOOO I don't talk too much about chickens at all. Problem is, there are just some people who don't want to listen enough!!! YEAH, that's it!!!! [​IMG]

3. gocrow77

gocrow77 Crow's Nest

May 13, 2009
    Central MO
    My dh thinks so, actually my kids do too. But, my middle kid likes to watch me candle and explain things to him - so it's all good!

4. Omygosh, yes. That's me. The one who doesn't sense that mentioning them, describing them, saying how enamored I am of them is sufficient. That's just the intro. Am just getting warmed up. By about paragraph eight, I realize whomever is politely listening has already deemed me certifiably nuts. [​IMG]

Embarrassing. But hasn't stopped me. [​IMG]

5. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

um, yeah. I am savvy enough to pick up on that on occasion, mostly when I see my DH's or my friends' eyes starting to glaze over... [​IMG]

6. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Quote:Perfect!

7. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

You can talk too much about them???? [​IMG]

8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator

Jan 11, 2007
    NE Washington State
    Quote:Never.
    I have ducks. [​IMG]

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Well if this says anything...my boss gave me my new password and it was "chickeno1" [​IMG] LOL YES, I DO talk about chickens too much but I can't help it either [​IMG] I'm trying to figure out WHY everyone don't love chickens [​IMG]

10. kezabel

kezabel Songster

my other half thinks I'm obsessed, I'm always telling him about ours, How many egg today,how much the eggs weighed that I cleaned the coop again the chickens got saturated the other day when it rained so i was down drying them off when he came down and said "I wish I got this much attention" I feed them brocolli the other day and he said weres mine, I told him his was in the freezer then he asked why the hens got fresh stuff and he didn't lol I had no answer for him. My daughter thinks I'm crazy and I embarris her when I talk about them when her freinds are over lol [​IMG] I love my chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: