Do you think a LF Braham can sucessfully breed with a Bantam Cochin.

You could always do AI... they say its pretty easy..

i'd be worried about him hurting her back..
i just had a hen with what i think was a spinal/back injury..i think from my big roos on her....

Last edited:
I'll just give my experience:

My production (hatchery) Brahma was able to breed any female. Then again, I do not have any bantams. My Langshan male from exhibition stock cannot breed the Leghorn hen. He tries but his body is simply too large to succeed. He tries, mounts and everything, but the parts just don't match up.

I am going to be breeding a bantam Ameraucana to a brahma in the next few weeks I am hoping that I wont need AI to do it, maybe just a step stool for the roo
lau.gif

Quote:
who me? well.......

I want coronation colores EE's (insert evil laugh here)
I played with the genetic calculator a bit and in several years I am hoping to make one
big_smile.png

Quote:
I've never even seen a genetic calculator, if you played with it why not just get that one, or the owner doesn't want to sell? I hope your handy and good luck making that calculator.
wink.png

Quote:
I've never even seen a genetic calculator, if you played with it why not just get that one, or the owner doesn't want to sell? I hope your handy and good luck making that calculator.
wink.png

lau.gif
its been a rough morning lol
In all honesty I have no idea how that German made that program it really is amazing, heck I can barely navigate through it.

But wont my special EE's be cool
big_smile.png

PS Marlin I miss my Turkeys everyday, I am glad thy have a good home with a BYC member but I really feel this sadness not seeing them everyday and having them follow me around.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom