Do you think chickens would eat these?

Do you think meaties would like them?

Somebody could herd their meaties through them, keep them watered, provide a service and in a couple weeks everyone could have a barBQ

I think when given the opportunity they will eat almost anything. My sister in Hawaii gets doves in her chicken coop. The doves are so dumb that they let the chickens peck them and eventually kill them.

Then the chickens run around with the dead dove in their mouth because they do not want to share the food...

Like I said, they will eat anything. Poor doves....
idunno.gif

My chickens LOVE crickets! I like the meaties and Bar B Q idea
thumbsup.gif
I just wish I had chickens a couple years ago when we had a plague of grasshoppers that came through...those pests ate all of my potted plants on my deck, along with just about everything else around here!

I was thinking if there was a way to catch a lot of those when we have those mass hatchings, you could even dry or freeze them for later use. Pure protein- I've been reading lately about raising worms, mealworms and soldier flies. But so far only have a worm bed. Don't know if my 9 year old daughter would like the mealworms though- She would say they look too much like "magnets"
sickbyc.gif

those mormon crickets are NASTY!!!! I feel for those people that have to deal with them... we lived in idaho and every spring we had the wistle pig plague. when we drove to town the little bugars would suicide accross the freeway and get stuck in your tires..... I heard people talking about the crickets that same way that when you drove they would make driving difficult the road become slippery... YUCK!!!

I dont think that money is wasted I think those poeples gardens are devistate every year!!! that small town has allot of families that depend on thier gardens to make it thru the winter!!!

as for the chickens I KNOW they would LOVE to eat those but I dont know if having a couple hundred chickens running the town would be much better than the crickets.

Back
Top Bottom