Do you think it will hatch?

rrmulkey

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 6, 2007
I am hatching for the first time in my 3rd grade classroom. I tried to hatch 3 eggs originally (in a Brinsea 3-egg Incubator), and one was a yolker, one stopped developing about day 10, and one, well... tomorrow is day 21! When I last candled the egg Friday, I saw no movement, a big dark blob, and lots of blood vessels. From you experienced hatchers out there, do you think it's still viable? It's hard to see it go from doing somersaults on day 14 to nothing on day 19, but it HAS gotten steadily much bigger.

Am I being paranoid??

Also, what is the longest your eggs have ever been incubated before hatching successfully?

My guess would be that your fine--or at least that the egg is. They grow quick those last few days. I havent seen movement in mine that late. Hopefully you'll get some post from some more experienced "eggs" here, but I think 22 or 23 days isnt out of the question either, ecspecially if the temp ran a bit low throughout incubation.

Good Luck

Well....I am on day 24 with my hatch, and 2 more hatched today!!
clap.gif
Dont give up on it....maybe its just lazy?
love.gif

She's right some will amaze you and hatch late like i had ten eggs in the incubator from my ferrier who just gave me the eggs and said see if you hatch any thing out well one egg cracked and all but two were duds so i hatched them out well the one hatched one day twenty one and the other didn't hatch untill day twenty six it amazed me but it was fine and healthy and fully developed and made a friend for the one that had hatched earlyer so that i didn't feel so bad:D

Back
Top Bottom