Do you think it's rude....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wolfwoman, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    ...or unprofessional to ask people to NOT park, or to move their cars, in Handicapped parking spots when they don't have a placard or plate that designates them as Handicapped?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  2. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Not at all. It is ILLEGAL for them to do that in the first place. You are probably saving them from a ticket or having their car towed. Just my opinion of course.

3. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Quote:would they rather you call the police and they get a ticket?

4. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    On campus I just go call parking services. I figure the $500 ticket they will receive will get the message across.

5. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Well, you can always just complain to the police. It's a $75 ticket or more .....[​IMG]

6. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I don't think it's rude. Ask them to please move it or loose it. I think they are way to leniant on the handicap stickers & plates they give out. Sometimes I see people use them that can just as easy walk a little farther. I've seen more obese people use them than crippled people. Not enough courteous people left in the world.

7. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Now a little more info... I'm in Chickaloon, Alaska... basically BFE [​IMG] I own a small general store and I have designated parking for my handicapped patrons. Now, granted, chances are if someone parks there that's not Handicapped, that someone that IS will drive up. Not the point in my eyes. To me, it's rude and the people the do it think that the laws don't apply to them. My parking lot is large enough to fit 6 semi trucks in (I know this because I had to do it one day), and yet they always seem to think it's appropriate to park either in the Handicapped section or RIGHT next to my ONE gas pump, even tho they are not getting gas.

These type of people just chap my furry butt!!

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Nope.. dont think its rude at all...
    Only a creep parks in a handicap spot if they arent handicapped... (think i was taught that in kindergarten)

9. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:It is pretty difficult to get a handicapped placard. It took us a process of six months and three doctors to get ours for our son, who has a heart defect and does not really appear handicapped. We use them in extreme heat and extreme cold, which he has no tolerance for and gets easily winded, and his oxygen saturation gets too low.

That being said, I'm usually the first one to ask if I see someone getting out who looks healthy and has a placard. I've found that many people have them for elderly parents, etc., and just use them whenever they want. Irritates me on such a high level, I can't even tell you, especially when it's 90 degrees with 60% humidity and I have to go get something at the store with my son and all the handicapped spots at Wal-mart are taken.

I also get irritated when men alone in a vehicle take the spots for the pregnant or new moms, but that's another rant ENTIRELY. LOL

Blessings-
    Em

10. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Ditto. The only exception in my mind would be a delivery person who was only going to be there for a minute, and even then only IF there were no other closeish places (especially if they have to carry things in). This sort of thing would not happen at WalMart though, perhaps a smaller store or an apartment complex.

I also get annoyed about using other people's tags. I personally know that my husband's cousin parks in the handicapped place when driving her mom's car. Said cousin is in NO way handicapped.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by