Do you think my duck is egg bound?

Yes as crazy as it may sound, I have figured out who lays what colored egg between Miss Piggy and her sister Porky. LOL They will sometimes both use the same little straw nest to lay their eggs in. Miss Piggys egg is light greenish in color and Porkys is a lighter brownish colored egg. They have both been very consistent layers and have never had any soft shell issues.

Yes I know....... I spend way to much time with my Ducks to know this! LOL

Update : No egg from Miss piggy this morning, she is doing some much better then yesterday. She is moving around better and was even in the pool this morning with her sister taking turns giving each other rides and splashing around the pool like normally they do together. LOL

She is still drinking plenty of water and eating normal. Even started doing her little quaky head twisting, bobbing up and down chatter at the other ducks. She isn't 100% yet, but so much better then yesterday. :)

I will go back out latter and look for her egg again in the straw to she if she passed it yet today? If not, do I still want to give her another 1ml dose of Calcium Gluconate?

Elvis has left the building :gig and Miss Piggy is back to her old normal self. :celebrate Thanks again everyone for the help with this. :)

I just want to say that I am finding this thread invaluable! I used everyone’s tips including the coconut oil. I basically am giving her warm baths every few hours. Ever since I read up on coconut oil being a solution I drop 1 tsp in the warm water to help with lubrication and also gave her a little mixed with water in my hand. And even when she wasn’t eating or drinking much she was nibbling at it a little and a Short while after she dropped the egg. I also put a tiny amount on the outside of the vent area while she was in the warm water so it would be not too thick. Prior to the coconut oil i was doing warm baths and putting a little bit of organic lube in that area which worked but not as fast. Also when she was rejecting eating most of the day I blended up some spring mix and a little later feed so it was watery and was feeding it to her with my hand cupped so she could have a little sustenance. I also ended up purchasing the calcium stuff from tractor supply mentioned above. Here is the link https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/durvet-calcium-gluconate-500-ml?cm_vc=-10005

I’ll attach a photo as well. I also used a chart posted by another member to figure out how much to administer to her. First I had to weight her was surprised she weighs 3.12 more than my drake LOL but he looks bigger I guess it’s all muscle he was only a mere 3.3 they are khakis by the way. Anyways without this post and the others I would have been a lot worse off and so would my princess. I also recommend playing classic music for the hen when she’s in the bath I was also talking and singing to her in a low calm voice. I was also checking her every now and again and just tried the calcium suppliment today. She’s been having symptoms for about two days now total. But she is getting better every day for sure!

I also wanted to mention if you are going through this don’t panic too much. Just be there for her. I of course love her very much so I was panicking and barely slept but overall if you are diligent they will recover.

Credit to @casportpony for the metrics !

Attachments

• AD67B7B4-7F9F-4421-9E03-A30184F3B516.jpeg
    AD67B7B4-7F9F-4421-9E03-A30184F3B516.jpeg
    474.6 KB · Views: 3
  • B4CDF1E7-0DFB-4E83-B7DC-03A93F37F714.jpeg
    B4CDF1E7-0DFB-4E83-B7DC-03A93F37F714.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom