Do you think she is a he???

pattee

Songster
11 Years
Apr 18, 2008
Seattle Washington
My chicks are 8 weeks old and when I showed pic's of her others thought she might be he.
th.gif

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

The EE looks like it could be a boy based on comb but it could ust be an early maturer. Check the back area near the tail, you should be able to lift the back feathers right along where the thigh and back meet if that makes sense, if there are shiny feathers its a boy.

So Ya think MPC had a "brain" burp and sent me a male and not all females like I wanted....
barnie.gif

Well Crap a doodle do!

I want a rooster, but he/she is a bantam I believe. The neighbors would be unhappy with me having a rooster....

AND OH my what would the babies look like??????
th.gif

Does anyone have any idea what those kinds of babies would look like? Polish, Silkie, and Mille. The big chickens are wyandottes and polish's....

Talk about mutts!
th.gif

Quote:
I don't mean to piggyback on this post, but I have an 8 week old EE with a reddish comb, but only when she/he is excited. Other than that, it is always light orange. The feathers seem blunt around the hackles and I looked for the feathers you mention as another source of roo or hen, but all I see is downy stuff. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Back
Top Bottom