Do you think this is convertable?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by worknprogress, Sep 28, 2008.

1. worknprogress

worknprogress In the Brooder

Sep 19, 2008
    I would have to be able to take off the roof. I was wondering if that would be difficult with somthing that is shingled?

[​IMG]

2. Omran

Omran Songster

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    I think it is a great little shed.Why are you going to take the roof of?and how big this building?
    Good luck with what ever you building.

3. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Songster

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    rather than take the roof off, what about cutting a big hole out of almost the whole back and making that a clean-out door?

you could set the whole thing up on a platform so you could reach in easily.

4. worknprogress

Sep 19, 2008
    Well I haven't even heard back from the seller yet but the dementions are 60''x48'', just about perfect for four hens! and it's only $20!

5. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Songster

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    wow!

ummm... hey... where do you live? just wondering [​IMG]

6. Heather J

Heather J Songster

May 29, 2008
    Double wow, that's gorgeous for triple the price, and I'd also put a door in the back to facilitate cleaning out the coop and collecting eggs/changing food. It would be easier than cutting off the top, and if you put it on a platform the chickens will have somewhere shady to chill in the summer sun, or hang out on the ground if you get snow.

7. worknprogress

Sep 19, 2008
    Minnesota

8. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Songster

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    shucks... you're lucky ... I'da beat you to it! [​IMG]

9. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Songster

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    :O $20!! thats a heck of a deal... In fact im in MN and check craigslist daily for cute little deals like that. Can't go wrong for $20 and for minimal amount of money you could really add on to it [​IMG]

10. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Looks cute!

If it's not too heavy, how bout turning it into a tractor to pick up or roll when the inside is a bit dirty?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by