Do you use homemade laundry detergent?

Where would be the best place to purchase fels naptha soap?
I would love to start making my own laundry detergent!
Oh and about the vinegar, when would one add this to the washing?

Thanks..

Last edited:
Running low on my Tide detergent! I have plenty of those Fels soaps and will be going back to making homemade detergent. I will try making those liquid soap and see how it comes out. Hopefully not too liquidity.

I don't have a mixer or large containers but a five gal bucket. Wish me luck!

Fels Naptha and Castile soaps, I found them at Krogers with no problem. Stock up on them because they do go fast! Washing sodas can be found at Krogers AND WalMart.

I usually pour vinegar in the bleach slot in the front load HE washer.

Do you guys put the liquid in the dispenser OR do you put it on a hand towel with the dirty clothes?

Quote:
I keep mine in a 5 gal. bucket and keep a kitchen whisk nearby to stir it really well before I measure it out - it gets very thick on the top with the liquid beneath.

I use a paint stir stick to stir mine I love the liquid it smells so good. The only difference between regular laundry soap and He soap is an ingredient that makes the soap suds. Because people seem to think that if a soap is sudsing then it is cleaning better then a soap that does not have suds. I love my home made laundry soap and so does DH better then any store stuff.

I've been using liquid in my GE front loader. It works well. 10 gals for less than 6 bucks works for me.
thumbsup.gif

I havnt tried the detergent (I sure will though), but I've been using vinegar in the wash as a softener substitute. It really works, I've a front loader and just pour in the bleach slot.

I convinced my husband to let me try it. I decided to go ahead and make the powdered version (easier/faster). It works really well, even my husband is impressed!

Thanks everyone!!
smile.png

Been using the liquid FN recipe for several years now and love it! I will never buy detergent again if I can avoid it. I don't have a HE washer but I'll tell you that my clothing don't have a heavy soap residue and no build up of perfumey smells like other detergents. I can get by on just a few cents a load with this recipe.

Back
Top Bottom