• Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Most of the time

• Yes, all of the time

• Total voters
Quote:
Me too. It just makes good sense. Even if I think I'm a good driver, one never knows what someone *else* in a different vehicle is going to do.

Quote:
I must be REALLY old!
old.gif
When I was a kid our Ford station wagon didn't have seat belts, or head rests or fuel injection. I remember the carburetor always getting gunked up and leaded gasoline at filling stations where they always pumped gas for you and checked the oil. We even got free glasses and gifts for filling up at some stations. Ahhh, the good old days......

I would REALLY recommend everyone to wear their seat belts. In 2006 I was in a bad BAD car wreck that I broke my wrist, leg, and I damaged my spleen and I have quiet a few scars on my face that are permanent (I think I can remove them with a laser) This really affected my whole life...that seat belt...just that one small detail. I was at the hospital for about a month (in a comma about 3 days).... I was on a wheelchair for about 3 months...and I was on crutches for 4-5months
sad.png
almost a year. Back then I was 12 years old and when I went to school EVERYBODY was scared of me
hit.gif
I lost all of my friends. Now that's my trauma...I cannot get in a car without being scared or shaking. That "small detail" led to major depression and eating disorders which I'm still dealing with. Always wear your seat belt, because if you crash as bad as me...you will never stop thinking about it.

Last edited:
Seatbelts are totally a rule at our house. Even hubby who does not like them, wears them. When I was in highschool, I was driving home after picking my brother up, and was in an accident. I smashed my forehead, and top of my head into the windshield. The hospital workers had a fine time picking every piece of glass out of me. I had to have many stitches and a large piece of glass just missed my eye, leaving a large scar on my eyelid. I use that story, and my face to tell every little kid I know, why to wear a seatbelt. They always promise to wear theirs!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Oh my, I had no idea. Thank you for sharing your story, you are an inspiration. Tell everyone who will listen. Seriously. My son was 12 when he barely survived an ATV accident, the helmet saved his life. Like you he was in a coma and struggled to walk again, 3 years later (this month) he is still progressing but is only about 65%. He gets very frustrated when his friends don't listen when he tells them to grab a helmet. But he keeps on talking........... If one person listens and one person lives, you and my son have made a difference.
hugs.gif

Quote:
i agree... thanks for sharing, Skitz, i was ALMOST ina car accident before, our car's mirror broke off, luckily we were all safe

Thanks The Chicken Lady and chickensrock9
wink.png

Quote:
Oh my, I had no idea. Thank you for sharing your story, you are an inspiration. Tell everyone who will listen. Seriously. My son was 12 when he barely survived an ATV accident, the helmet saved his life. Like you he was in a coma and struggled to walk again, 3 years later (this month) he is still progressing but is only about 65%. He gets very frustrated when his friends don't listen when he tells them to grab a helmet. But he keeps on talking........... If one person listens and one person lives, you and my son have made a difference.
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
Thanks! I'm always telling everyone to wear their seat belts
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom