Do your chicks love you?!!!

Do your chicks love you?!

• Total voters
I have always believed that new baby chicks will imprint on their human. Here is an excerpt I found on the subject:
“When a baby chick hatches from the egg, the chick imprints on the first moving object that it sees. The chick believes the imprinted object to be its mother, even if that object is a human being. Imprinting stamps the mind of a bird with a lifelong image, and that initial stamp is irreversible.”
For more on this article:
https://fourstringfarm.com/2014/02/18/the-imprinting-of-birds/

One of my hens was being severally bullied by my rooster(he left). She would always hide from him and the other chickens. When I would get home she would bolt from her hiding place and run straight towards me and peck my shoes until I picked her up. Every day after we resolved the situation she still bolts to me and demands her hug. My other chickens love pets and always follow me around but if chickens can love she loves me.

I don't usually have the friendliest of chicks, but aseel are friendly on another level. For more info this photo was taken less than 24 hours after they first saw me. They were around 2 months old in this picture. This is one them from about two months ago

Attachments

• 20220724_154657.jpg
    20220724_154657.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221222_142211_1.jpg
    20221222_142211_1.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 4
Love the roo my roo was a lap guy but attacked everyone else in the family so we had to rehome him sigh I miss my big guy 😭

Back
Top Bottom