Do your ducks have water at night?

Well Im no expert by no means but I have for the last 3 nights or so feeding and watering my ducks around 10 pm then removing food and water. Drying up their mess so they have a dry bed to sleep in then coming back to feed and water them around 5:30 am. They seem to be doing fine so far. As I see, if ducks are anything like chickens, they don't see well at night so would most likely not eat or drink much in the dark anyway.

I think I disagree, respectfully. Ducks, I have been told, are much more active at night than chickens. Ultimately, each of you will need to decide what works for your individual flock.

I have removed water from my adults, but never before 3mos old and never while food is available. I take into consideration temperatures also. If you have a mess you've got to deal with, well, you've got to deal with it. But please keep in mind that your ducks will likely be happier at night with some water to drink. And the younglings require it.

My ducks are keep inside for now and before I started removing the water I did take the time to study my ducks in the late hours. I noticed that they did not move about much. I did how ever forget to mention that my ducks are not tiny babies. They are starting to get there pin feathers. But as you seem to think there could be a cause for concern I will again monitor my ducks in the evening just to make sure they are not getting up looking for water. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom