Do your guineas get along with your dog?

kcdef

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 8, 2015
Hi again! I'm super new to guineas so I'll be posting a lot of questions here. I've already posted a couple.
Do your guineas get along with your dog? (or not mind the dog at least?) I have a Great Pyrenees who's wonderful around all of my animals. Once in a while he'll get too excited and act like a puppy and pounce around, but for the most part he's a gentle, laid back giant. My guineas are only a week old but I'm thinking ahead, and I'm worried that they may end up being deathly afraid of my dog and just take off when they're older and allowed to free range. My turkeys and ducks have never had an issue around him.
Any personal experiences that people would like to share would be appreciated!

My dog is a miniature Australian and he is terrified of the guineas! They all run towards him making a terrible racket and my poor dog heads for the house so he can hide under the bed.
hide.gif
big_smile.png

Hi again! I'm super new to guineas so I'll be posting a lot of questions here. I've already posted a couple.
Do your guineas get along with your dog? (or not mind the dog at least?) I have a Great Pyrenees who's wonderful around all of my animals. Once in a while he'll get too excited and act like a puppy and pounce around, but for the most part he's a gentle, laid back giant. My guineas are only a week old but I'm thinking ahead, and I'm worried that they may end up being deathly afraid of my dog and just take off when they're older and allowed to free range. My turkeys and ducks have never had an issue around him.
Any personal experiences that people would like to share would be appreciated!

My dog said the guineas were delicious.

Back
Top Bottom