1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Do your guineas get along with your dog?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by kcdef, Dec 24, 2015.

1. kcdef

kcdef Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2015
    Hi again! I'm super new to guineas so I'll be posting a lot of questions here. I've already posted a couple.
    Do your guineas get along with your dog? (or not mind the dog at least?) I have a Great Pyrenees who's wonderful around all of my animals. Once in a while he'll get too excited and act like a puppy and pounce around, but for the most part he's a gentle, laid back giant. My guineas are only a week old but I'm thinking ahead, and I'm worried that they may end up being deathly afraid of my dog and just take off when they're older and allowed to free range. My turkeys and ducks have never had an issue around him.
    Any personal experiences that people would like to share would be appreciated!

2. red horse ranch

red horse ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2014
    Buffalo Wyoming
    My dog is a miniature Australian and he is terrified of the guineas! They all run towards him making a terrible racket and my poor dog heads for the house so he can hide under the bed. [​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. ralph a

ralph a Out Of The Brooder

My three guineas get a long with the wifes toy poodles and my large mix bred just fine . But not always with my chicken or ducks . They are the ones that pick the fights

4. R2elk

R2elk Overrun With Chickens

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    My dog said the guineas were delicious.

5. red horse ranch

red horse ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2014
    Buffalo Wyoming
    [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by