Do your guineas go outside

chicken_angler

Coop Constructist
11 Years
Jun 23, 2008
a house
Mine dont. They sit on the nests all day and make a mess. On the side of the coop is a pretty big run that the chickens enjoy but the guineas dont.

BTW- I have 2 guineas: 1 male, 1 female.

Mine are first to fly out of coop each a.m. when door is opened! They are the last to come in to roost at night..
If I have to leave coop locked up they chatter all day!
You must have 2 spoiled ones
lol.png

Mine live outside all the time, they refuse to use a coop. They had a nice one but prefer to roost in the top of a huge tree, winter and summer. so I put more chickens in their old coop. Mine freerange anywhere they want and they never really leave the farm. I have around 40 adults now, and alot of keets in the brooders.

Mine also will absolutely not roost anywhere but in a tree. Even when it rained yesterday, they were in the tree. My two hens were going into the barn and roosting alot, but they don't even do that anymore.

I have had them for about 4- 5 weeks. They lady I bought them from didnt let them outside. She didnt even have a window in the building they were in so i dont think they quite know to go out. They chatter at me when I fill the feeders. I put them out in the run twice but they still havent figured out that they need to go out yet.

Back
Top Bottom